Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Imago Borealis
    Imago Borealis
    Participant

Hi,

Toying with Symbio’s GPS feature I entered GPS data manually to one of my pics. Not knowing how the plugin would handle West/East for longitude and North/South for latitude I entered the location the way LR shows it: xx°yy’zz” N and xx°yy’zz” W. That worked fine. The location showed on my test site correctly somewhere in Louisiana where it should be.

Now, however, after reprocessing, updating, doing this and changing that (but not touching GPS data) the location has miraculously changed to somewhere East of Bhutan (!). It turns out that for some reason I don’t know Symbio is now taking the GPSLongitudeRef East instead of West. Is this a bug (or is someone telling me where I should shot next)?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey there,

The way images store GPS varies considerably and we’ve tried to capture most of the different syntaxes into Symbiostock. Can you post the exact co-ordinates and where Symbiostock thinks that is?

One thing I do know is that if it is West or South, it will be a negative number when converted. Perhaps your image has a unique syntax and if you post it here I can take a look at how Symbiostock reacts to try to accommodate it as well.

Profile photo of Imago Borealis
    Imago Borealis
    Participant

Hi Robin,

The exact entry has been: 90°58’16” W

I sort of remember having seen a “minus” in front of the 90 after saving. It showed correctly at first. But after having done more savings, reprocessings and this and that (no way I could recall what exactly I have done except never having touched the GPS data again) that “minus”disappeared and my Louisiana image got beamed over to East of Bhutan.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.