Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

Hi,

I just installed symbiostock on my shared host and when I tried to manually run the processor it gave me a fatal error: “<b>Fatal error</b>: Call to undefined function exif_imagetype()”.

I asked my host and exif is not enable and it won’t be 😐 Is there a way to use symbiostock without it ?

Thanks!

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Dan,

We’ll look into this and get back to you, thanks.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Dan – upon investigating the code, it looks like this issue only happens when:

1) You do not have Imagick installed and
    2) You do not have exif installed

We could manually implement a fix for your system specifically but I do not think the core will be updated to compensate for this as it is an important part of checking the types of media files you are uploading.

If you would like a manual fix, please submit a paid support request via our Support link on the bottom and choose the “Debug” command. In all honesty, it may be a lot more cost effective to move to a new host. We also provide hosting that is engineered from the ground up for complete Symbiostock support via the hosting link at the top (which obviously supports both Imagick and exif, and a whole lot of other stuff).

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

Hi Robin,

That’s correct, my host doesn’t have imagik enabled and they won’t enable-it 😐

I guess it’s time to move to a new host.

Thanks for the info!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.