Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mark Phillips
    Mark Phillips
    Participant

Hi,

I have an installation which is pinned to all the correct versions of stuff. See https://natasha-pankina.com/info.php however, the processor hates digesting eps files. Making a basic call using WordPress CLI returns an error with the plugin, why is this?

baseos | hashofsomething@somewhere:~/www/natasha-pankina.com/public_html$ wp plugin list
    Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/customer/www/natasha-pankina.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-pro/symbiostock-pro.php on line 72
    Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function disable_direct_access() on null in /home/customer/www/natasha-pankina.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-pro/front-product-page.php:6

Thanks.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Mark – unfortunately, WordPress, and most functions within WordPress, including the processor, do not work consistently through the CLI due to the limitations of the WordPress infrastructure. We originally tried to run the processor as a CLI process as this would have been far more efficient, but encountered issues that could not be navigated.

What do you get without using the CLI?

Profile photo of Mark Phillips
    Mark Phillips
    Participant

After digging a little further I found that this maybe a cascade of issues with the hosting provider. As it turned out, the hosting provider would not modify the /etc/Imagemagick-6/policy.xml to allow for EPS processing, so SiteGround had to be killed as a potential hosting, which is unfortunate because I went with them to consolidate. Anyway, I went with Digital Ocean. Really wish you guys still hosted and kinda wish now you guys had a docker repo, I’m not a WordPress person at all, but have been messing around with helping a friend with this for a while. Thanks for the response.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Thanks for the update Mark. Yes, basically the issue here is that Symbiostock’s technology is still quite far advanced for the time, in that professional video/image processing at the hosting level is still quite new and a lot of hosting providers do not provide the raw power or know how to configure their servers properly to cater to these needs. We created a hosting solution for this exact reason, but unfortunately the amount of work that went into managing the hosting along with the plugin was just too much for our team. Hosting is a different animal as you need to be on call 24/7 in case anything goes awry.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.