Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mark
    Mark
    Participant

Hello, I’ve switched my domain to another provider. They have shell_exec not generally enabled and they advised me to add “AddHandler php54-cgi .php” to my htaccess. PHP5.4 was running on the server of the other provider where everything workes fine. So I added it to the thaccess in the wordpress root folder but then I get the following error message:

Warning: chmod(): Operation not permitted in /www/htdocs/w01460fb/bildtankstelle.de/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock/symbiostock-init.php on line 25

shell_exec is now activated but what does that error message mean?

This is in line 25:  chmod ($GLOBALS[‘currSS’]->ss_exiftool,0755);

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mark

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

So chmod sets the file permission of certain files or folders so that Symbiostock can safely access it. If you want, you can manually try to set it yourself and see if the error goes away, but usually chmod is not denied as a function. It is a hosting thing – maybe ask them.

Profile photo of Mark
    Mark
    Participant

Hi, what shall I try to set manually?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

So go into symbiostock/exiftool directory and try to set the exiftool file to 755 via FTP. You may have to do this with different things, and may have to re-do this every time you update Symbiostock. I would suggest you contact your host and ask them about this because it’s very odd.

Profile photo of Mark
    Mark
    Participant

Thanks for your help, I’ve managed to solve the problem with my hosting provider

Profile photo of Terry Hale
    Terry Hale
    Participant

@mark I am getting the exact same thing. I’ve set permissions on the Symbiostock folder and everything beneath it to 0755.

What was your hosting provider solution?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.