Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jesus Nova Pérez
    Jesus Nova Pérez
    Participant

Hi, thanks and congrats for this great plugin(s).

I need the shop thumbnails to be different from the original downloadable files. I need thumbnails with blurry faces and logos but not in the downloadable file. Is there any way to do that?

For now i´m uploading the blurry picture first to create the thumbnails and then i upload the original picture without the blurried parts to the ss_media folder, its ok until a thumbnail regeneration takes place. I tried to disable the woocommerce background thumbnail regeneration but the thumbnails are still regererated from time to time.

Thank you for your help in advice.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Jesus,

As Symbiostock uses the internal WordPress and WooCommerce thumbnailing functions to generate thumbnails, at the current time without custom coding there is no direct way to blur them.

However, one option you may have is to reduce the resolution of those images via your theme – some themes allow you to determine the size of the thumbnails, and so if you set a low resolution, it should replicate a blurred effect as intended.

Jesus Nova Pérez
    Participant

Hi Robin, thank you for your reply.

I think we are not talking about the same issue ( my fault) i´ll try to explain it better.

I have 2 images, image A with blurred parts and image B without blurred parts. I need to show image A in the shop thumbnails but when a customer buys it, he will get the image B.

Its similar to the symbiostock watermark. The thumbnails have the watermark but the downloaded image don´t.

I´ll make the blurried parts manually for each image.

Thank you so much and sorry to bother you again.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Jesus,

You can do this manually by changing the thumbnail when you edit the image, but anytime thumbnails are regenerated (there is no way to stop this process) it will get overridden. Unfortunately, there is no mechanism to have a different image than the one you are selling + watermark. If A is going to be the same for all the images, you could plausibly make the watermark A, and make it take 100% of the image’s dimensions.

Jesus Nova Pérez
    Participant

Ok Robin, i understand it, thank you for your time.

Regards.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.