Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I just did an overhaul on things (your now current) and did some tests.

When I do a paypal sandbox test, it works. A live test (need refunds please :D) doesn’t work.

I’m guessing by the fact that your version was as far back as the 2.+ versions you probably have your paypal IPN set up the way we used to do it wayyyy back.

If this is the situation, you simply have to remove the IPN settings from your account (we used to manually add the IPN url, whereas now we don’t).

If that does not work, its almost certain it has something to do with paypal’s end – perhaps its your account type or another situation like that. But IPN is working on your site, so that is good.

Profile photo of AmericaStockPhoto
    AmericaStockPhoto
    Participant

Removed ipn, did another test, same result with a new message in download area.

Items still in your cart, and not in your download area?
    Wait a few seconds and refresh the page. Sometimes paypal takes a few minutes to notify us. If you still have problems, please contact us.

AmericaStockPhoto
    Participant

When I remove IPN info and save it replaces same info back in?

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

The last thing I would check (it may involve a call to paypal) is that your account type is correct for using IPN and there are no other issues effecting it.

When the sandbox IPN works and not the live IPN, it usually points to something on paypal’s end when there is no spam blocker in place.

AmericaStockPhoto
    Participant

Account type is correct, looking into it further now……

AmericaStockPhoto
    Participant

Do you know what the notification URL is supposed to be on the Paypal side?

AmericaStockPhoto
    Participant

Ok Leo, thanks for that, looks like I have that working now.

I’ll try to leave you for awhile, sight needs much work!

Appreciate the help!

AmericaStockPhoto
    Participant

Oh Boy LEO!

So, with my new excitement level I went in to process my 1000 or so images which need to be added to the site and my images are not showing in my own content area, or on the portfolio links on the site! Help again please, ARGH!

http://americastockphoto.com/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=image

Tried different browser.

page comes up blank! I’m about ready to give up….

Deleted them all, tried re-uploading 20, everything looks like it works, except I can’t view them to submit, page just comes up blank. It was working earlier today before we updated………….

FRICK!

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Sorry was a away while I watched a movie on Netflix with my wife regarding cave divers who got stuck in a cave and drowned.

The cart manager was causing your issue. The cart manager was a plugin created a long time ago to overcome other issues (caused by the 2+ versions not always delivering). I suggest leaving that deactivated as much as possible – it messes with other things.

Your all set up now. enjoy 😀

AmericaStockPhoto
    Participant

My most humble thank you!

Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

I ran into a similar issue.. Luckily it was during my test purchases..

here is what happened.. I ordered a medium size PNG image, and proceeded to checkout, made the payment and returned to the site..

On my return as usual, the file was still in the cart instead of the download area.. I clicked on that small “x” to remove the image from the cart before refreshing the page.. that must have stopped something from triggering the transaction.. the item never went down into the download area..

transaction worked every single time that I wasn’t clicking the small “x” to remove the item from the cart after returning to the site.. That action somehow stops the item from going to the download area..

Leo, we must definitely change the paypal return page to something else to prevent these issues.. There should be a “plain” thank you page (before proceeding to the customer area) where it says “Thanks for your purchase, click here (link to customer download area) to download your file(s)

As it stands, it really doesn’t look good and professional when the item still hangs in the cart.. There should be an extra landing page between paypal and customer area to allow the script (and/or paypal) some time to finish the transaction..

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I’m going to do a once-through on our current version and catch up on a number of those issues.

Profile photo of Chromaco
    Chromaco
    Participant

Hi guys, You can almost always find the image by locating the image number from the confirmation e-mail or paypal confirmation and then going into the media library and searching by the number. That will pull up a minipic which you can then cross reference. Not pretty or smooth but it does work.

For anyone who is lurking – when you get an order you should get an e-mail confirmation sent from your site and another from Paypal. Sometimes there is a lag of up to 1/2 and hour but usually they come almost upon each other. If for some reason you don’t get confirmation then the customer didn’t either. You should be proactive and contact the customer immediately. That will save all sorts of issues.

Leo this is almost exactly like my issues with the ECM about 2 months ago. Haven’t had it since I disconnected and never had it with the base theme. If you discover what is happening you might look into the other thing for me.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

We have some lists of prior issues that still affected some people, plus what ones are saying now. With next roll-out I’ll try to address them and see if they work among the many environments people are in.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.