Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Joseph Williams
    Joseph Williams
    Participant

Good day,

I am currently in the process of setting up a photography for my dad using Symbiostock, and in the settings after uploading the photos for the site using FTP, it says to set up a cron job using the command. I looked at the examples listed from the link included, but only included examples from Cdesk and Plesk. Since my hosting uses DirectAdmin, I kind of had to wing it. After going over the help files from my hosting, as well as googling both cron job examples and DirectAdmin advice for cron jobs, I am still unable to get the command entered in a way that will be accepted. Has anyone here using DirectAdmin run into this issue, and if so how did you resolve it?

According to the DirectAdmin help files, the examples they give all point to actual files in linux form from the hosting, for example /home/user/domains/domain.com/public_html/file.php. But in the settings it doesn’t point to a file but to http://www.**domain removed for privacy**.com/?c=1&ss_c=782f0decfa75a2c5a2c7&ss_imm=1

I posted a ticket in the DirectAdmin forums, but it has been over 8 hours without any help so I thought I would post it in here as well.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi there – try using this:

/usr/local/bin/curl

instead of just curl

or try using wget instead of curl

DirectAdmin may have unique needs but this is easily solvable. Don’t fret.

Profile photo of Joseph Williams
    Joseph Williams
    Participant

Thank you! This worked!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.