Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mike1
    mike1
    Participant

Does anyone have any advice as to how to create and save a new watermark for use on my images please?

I now understand how to apply a new watermark but need to upload a new file from one I create elsewhere (I can find no facility to create one within Symbiostock) and am struggling.

I don’t use or have Adobe of any flavour. I do have Serif PagePlus X8 which allows watermark creation on a transparent background (essential of course) but it only does this if exported as a png or a gif, neither of which Symbiostock will upload in Settings/Thumbs/Watermark/Upload File – I assume it needs a jpg, which means it will be on a white background.

I also have Batch Photo Watermarker 3 which is superb but I can find no way to export a watermark for use outside the program.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Profile photo of mike1
    mike1
    Participant

UPDATE: I’ve spotted that a PNG will do for the watermark but nothing happens after I upload a new one. Am I right in thinking all images will need to be re-generated/processed before this appears? If so, how do I test that the new watermark is the right size before committing to that major step? There seems to be no way of testing it on say one image.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Mike – you are correct, PNG is the best way to go, and having it with an opacity of about 15-30 percent gives the best results. It may take some time to get it looking the way you want but once done you don’t have to worry about it.

As for testing, Symbiostock does not test it for you and will just regenerate the thumbnails on its own. As this is all transparently automated, I wouldn’t worry too much. Just change it and see how it turns out. If you don’t like it, change it again, etc. As for size, just use the ‘percentage’ field to determine how much of the thumbnail’s real estate you want it to occupy. The default setting is usually pretty good.

Profile photo of mike1
    mike1
    Participant

Thanks Robin – I think I’m getting to grips with it

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.