Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Masterpiece! I know I’m jumping ahead here…he’s still building.

You can make cycling header graphics by using the header graphic feature found in the appearance menu.

Work of art! I had to mention it!

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

Have already asked how that was done, it looks good = there is a nice description in one of his (?) other posts

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

@leo wrote:

You can make cycling header graphics by using the header graphic feature found in the appearance menu.

Yes, this really is a great look.

Is that “header graphic feature” available to those of us using Clean Theme 2? I looked for it and couldn’t find it.

Profile photo of THPStock
    THPStock
    Participant

Hey thats cool! Nice one.

Leo – would it be possible in the header customisation section for this feature to add a “Repeat?” option, so we can upload textures and have them repeated through the header?

I tried adding this to the child style.css

.symbiostock_branding {
    background-repeat: repeat;
    }

but it gets overridden for some reason and only applies to to the area that your logo takes up.

View my portfolio at THPStock Direct via Microstock Man. I also do Web Design & Graphic Design.

Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

@marthamarks wrote:

@leo wrote:

Is that “header graphic feature” available to those of us using Clean Theme 2? I looked for it and couldn’t find it.

I could not find it either. It was there in 2.7.1, but now it is gone in 2.7.2.

marthamarks
    Participant

@quailrunphotos wrote:

@marthamarks wrote:

@leo wrote:

I could not find it either. It was there in 2.7.1, but now it is gone in 2.7.2.

Hey, I’m glad to know it’s not just me. 🙂

I’m still happy using 2.6.5. Can’t keep up with what’s happening in the 2.7 series.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I checked it is still there! /wp-admin/themes.php?page=custom-header

marthamarks
    Participant

@leo wrote:

I checked it is still there! /wp-admin/themes.php?page=custom-header

When was it introduced, Leo? With the 2.7 series, or earlier?

Is this something we have to tweak php to use?

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Oh I get it now! Yes, its on the shiney version. I wouldn’t rush to get that though – I’d rather people go in when they are ready, and when it presents the least conversion issues.

Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

@leo wrote:

Oh I get it now! Yes, its on the shiney version. I wouldn’t rush to get that though – I’d rather people go in when they are ready, and when it presents the least conversion issues.

I admit that it is late and I am tired, but I still don’t know what is being said here. Is the custom header available in 2.7.x and if so how is it implemented?

“/wp-admin/themes.php?page=custom-header” doesn’t mean anything to me. Sorry if I am beng a little dense.

Christine
    Participant

These were the directions Jo gave in another thread when I asked him (yes 2.7.* )

Since I started off on this latest beta version of Symbiostock, I learnt it all from scratch by poking around. When you upload images for the Header (Appearance > Header) I realised that there was a radio button that says “Random: Show a different image on each page.”

When you upload an image it sets it as the header for all pages but you can then go back and tick the “Random” radio button and it randomly loads one of your “Header” images you uploaded. So make a few and upload them.

When I realised this I converted my logo to a transparent overlay and I thought it worked well. As for figuring out the sizes I just used the random upload and test method! Just remember to delete your tests or duplicates etc. so they aren’t forgotten and loading randomly LOL!

Very roughly, if you create an image 1200×250 pixels, it will work both at full screen width and then it will reduce the width (progressively cutting off the image from the right to left) as you make the browser window smaller.

The actual HEIGHT of the Header image works according to your Logo image. I padded my Logo Top and Bottom with transparency in order to force the header to show more of my Header image. Normally it is just the height of your logo and no more. My Logo PNG file is 500x168px so I’m guessing that I’m viewing about 170 to 180 pixels of the top of my actual header.

Last note, when you upload your image for the Header it follows to the next screen where you can either “crop your image” or “skip cropping” it. You can just skip cropping it if you have sized your image before uploading. You could just upload a full sized image and then crop it online but I think it is better to reduce the images to the right size and apply a little sharpening before uploading.

Hope this is clear and helps 🙂

Jo

Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

on galaxy note 2, he has no header image at all 🙂

so whatever he did, it doesn’t work on mobile phones.. not even on one of the largest mobile screens..

Christine
    Participant

I have just tried these headers on testing site – tulip.kerioak.com and they show up on there on Galaxy S2 and Galaxy Tab

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

Thanks Christine! I was just going to cut and paste it 😀

As I said this just quick and rough guess work on my part. Leo might be able to give us more precise max width needed. The size 1200xlittle more than your Logo works.

Oh and yes, I’m using v2.7.2. I think that is the latest version number.

Jo

Edit: Just upgraded to v2.7.3

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

@cidepix wrote:

on galaxy note 2, he has no header image at all 🙂

so whatever he did, it doesn’t work on mobile phones.. not even on one of the largest mobile screens..

I don’t have a tablet so I checked on my Android smartphone which has a 4″screen so it’s a mini tablet of sorts. I also have no logo or top header at all. Perhaps this is the layout for the mobile device but then we need to insert a logo elsewhere.

Jo

Edit: It’s not just on a tablet. If you resize your browser smaller than a certain size it takes on this mobile view and the header disappears.

Edit 2: http://www.clipartillustration.com/ doesn’t do this. The Header Logo scales down with the page.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.