Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

@quailrunphotos wrote:

@leo wrote:

Oh I get it now! Yes, its on the shiney version. I wouldn’t rush to get that though – I’d rather people go in when they are ready, and when it presents the least conversion issues.

I admit that it is late and I am tired, but I still don’t know what is being said here. Is the custom header available in 2.7.x and if so how is it implemented?

“/wp-admin/themes.php?page=custom-header” doesn’t mean anything to me. Sorry if I am beng a little dense.

+1 Guess I’m dense too! 🙂

Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

@christine wrote:

These were the directions Jo gave in another thread when I asked him (yes 2.7.* )

Hope this is clear and helps 🙂

Jo

Yes, that was very helpful. Thanks, Christine and Jo!

I saw that come through earlier but was still busy uploading and Yoastifying images on 2.6.5 and didn’t have a clue what he was talking about.

Since I’m happy with my site at present, I think I’ll take Leo’s advice and hold off on the “shiney” version for a while longer. Thanks for that good advice too, Leo.

Profile photo of ShazamImages
    ShazamImages
    Participant

@leo wrote:

I checked it is still there! /wp-admin/themes.php?page=custom-header

When I try to go to that URL, I get the following message:

You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.

I’m on Symbiostock 2.65.

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

I suppose for existing sites it would be better to hold off for a little while till the final version is complete. Since I started from scratch I took the plunge instead of doing it all twice.

I must say that overall it seems to be quite stable. I cannot comment on the shopping cart side as I haven’t set that up for sale yet. Some of my “bugs” were really not bugs but misunderstanding on my part.

Jo

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

It is available in 2.7.* (this is in beta so I would advise setting up a test site to play with it until Leo tells us it is ready for final release)

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

@christine wrote:

It is available in 2.7.* (this is in beta so I would advise setting up a test site to play with it until Leo tells us it is ready for final release)

I upgraded to 2.7.3 last night and that option now appears. I have load two images into the header and set it to randon. Seems to be working. Not sure why it was not available on my version of 2.7.1. That or I need new glasses 🙂

Just one note: I have not been able to use the option to choose media library images. I take the option and select the image, try to crop it and get sent back to the Header menu without the new image.

Upload works fine, just takes time to upload the image.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.