Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

It’s possible. I know very little about WordPress. I’ve only had one spam message but I set things to moderate so they won’t get published till I say so. Can’t see why people would post on photos on a stock site but I thought hey… I don’t know everything hehe

Jo

Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

@dianajo wrote:

Not sure if it is true for international transactions or not, but I’ve never been charged when I did a refund.

If you want to test yourself, put your site back into sandbox mode and go to: https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/applications/accounts

You’ll use your real email to sign up and then an alternative addy to use as a test account.

Then, register (or use your master acct) on your site and go through the buy process. You’ll see if you get the emails sent out, how they’re formatted and if the user can download.

As to the mystery sign-ups, if you look at the user names and email address, if they don’t relate to each other…odds are the spam bots have found you. :-/ They use the bots to register in the hopes that you have your WP settings set so they can take over your account and post rubbish.

Google the email address, spam email will return results from anti spam sites

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

Upgraded to 2.8 and I still get the blank page for the download image. 🙁

My Bluehost cpanel says PHP is 5.3.27 so I guess this isn’t the 5.4 issue?

Any ideas?

Profile photo of ShazamImages
    ShazamImages
    Participant

@dianajo wrote:

My Bluehost cpanel says PHP is 5.3.27…

Don’t trust the cpanel.

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

@shazamimages wrote:

@dianajo wrote:

My Bluehost cpanel says PHP is 5.3.27…

Don’t trust the cpanel.

You’re right of course. It was showing php 5.4 when I went to the php management screen. I switched to the single php.ini version of 5.4 but that didn’t seem to help.

They let me roll back to 5.3 and it works… soooo I’ll send them an email and tell them not to ‘fix’ my site again, tyvm.

Diana

Profile photo of ajt
    ajt
    Participant

@dianajo wrote:

Upgraded to 2.8 and I still get the blank page for the download image. 🙁

My Bluehost cpanel says PHP is 5.3.27 so I guess this isn’t the 5.4 issue?

Any ideas?

To fix this blank screen issue, upgrade procedure should be like from 2.6.5 to 2.7 or 2.8:
    Activate default theme (for example Twenty Twelve), delete Symbio 2.8, then upload it again. Then try in php 5.4, should be ok.

Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

@shazamimages wrote:

Don’t trust the cpanel.

If you can’t trust your cpanel, who can you trust? :/

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

@ajt wrote:

To fix this blank screen issue, upgrade procedure should be like from 2.6.5 to 2.7 or 2.8:
    Activate default theme (for example Twenty Twelve), delete Symbio 2.8, then upload it again. Then try in php 5.4, should be ok.

I was already on 2.7.7 when I went to 2.8, so I don’t think that is necessary. It was the jump from 2.6 to 2.7 that “broke” things.

Profile photo of ajt
    ajt
    Participant

@dianajo wrote:

@ajt wrote:

I was already on 2.7.7 when I went to 2.8, so I don’t think that is necessary. It was the jump from 2.6 to 2.7 that “broke” things.

It is necessary, because file with white screen issue – symbiostock_image_download.php (which was fixed in 2.7.9) is copied to wp-content folder only during “full upgrade” – delete, install, activate.

Profile photo of ShazamImages
    ShazamImages
    Participant

@marthamarks wrote:

@shazamimages wrote:

Don’t trust the cpanel.

If you can’t trust your cpanel, who can you trust? :/

GhostBusters! 😀

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

@ajt wrote:

It is necessary, because file with white screen issue – symbiostock_image_download.php (which was fixed in 2.7.9) is copied to wp-content folder only during “full upgrade” – delete, install, activate.

This is something that should be posted somewhere prominently… or there will be a lot of posts like mine. I’m not trying to be argumentative just wishing there was a better way of disseminating this information than in a million threads. FTR, 2.7.9 never showed as an available upgrade from 2.7.7 (nor did 2.7.8) on my WP dashboard.

Could I download the full version (and if so…from where?) and upload the symbiostock_image_download.php file via ftp or file manager instead of deleting everything?

I’m concerned about losing the 8 hours of work I did yesterday in the process of deleting the symbio theme and replacing it.

Profile photo of ajt
    ajt
    Participant

Via ftp go to wp-content, there you should see symbiostock_image_download.php, it is older one (from previous versions). Go to themes/symbiostock/inc/classes/image-procesor. There will be new symbiostock_image_download.php, copy it to wp-content (replace older version), that’s all.

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

Awesome, so the file is already there, it just needs to get to the right place. 🙂 Score.

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

@shazamimages wrote:

GhostBusters! 😀

I wouldn’t trust that lot either! They drive a hearse for Pete Sake! 😀

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

The file located in my inc folder is symbiostock_file_download.php, ditto for the wp-content folder.

And back to 5.4 and it works.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.