Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Don’t worry about keeping up btw – its not crucial. The last and final one is going to replace the whole network. I appreciate the testers pointing out faults so that 117 sites can benefit in the long run.

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

I love improvements and Leo is working hard for the bucks he’s making off this project. I’m happy I was able to make the leap towards Premium and offer a little incentive for his hard work. And what’s next? WP will have a new version out! LOL 😉

Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

@leo wrote:

The downside is the path between is jagged glass walking barefoot.

Yeah, that’s what I’m ‘fraid of. Not a big fan of walking on jagged glass.

OK. I’ll get you on as an admin, but not until tomorrow. Okay? I’m too old to be working after midnight.

And… no rush with this. I’ll send you an email when you’re “in” and just do it as you have time.

As always: thank you, Leo.

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

Alright, I’ll plan on applying the update in the morning. And maybe finishing the images I’ve uploaded and pushing them to “live”…and doing my slideshow which I have no idea what I want it to say or look like…but I’ll pull something out!

This is one of those moments where I can be glad I’m unemployed and have time to do all this work. If I was working 40 hours, it would *never* happen!

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

I don’t have shares in SymbioStock (Leo, when can I buy some?) but honestly… I really think this new version of SymbioStock takes it to a new level where it looks and feels like a stock agency. I’m pretty happy and mostly satisfied with my site. I haven’t yet had any sales so I hope that the payment/download system is working hehe.

Jo

marthamarks
    Participant

@jorodrigues wrote:

I haven’t yet had any sales so I hope that the payment/download system is working hehe.

This would be a good time to test that!

marthamarks
    Participant

Jo, I’ll be glad to make a test purchase from your site if you don’t have another way to test it. Let me know, okay?

JoRodrigues
    Participant

Well, I’ve only been online for about a week since starting. I figure if there are problems they will show up hehe. Plus other sites are not reporting problems with the purchasing.

I don’t know much about Paypal but I do know that a there are transaction costs. I don’t feel like giving money to paypal just to test. Plus I have no idea how to do a refund hehe 😀

Jo

marthamarks
    Participant

@jorodrigues wrote:

Well, I’ve only been online for about a week since starting. I figure if there are problems they will show up hehe. Plus other sites are not reporting problems with the purchasing.

I don’t know much about Paypal but I do know that a there are transaction costs. I don’t feel like giving money to paypal just to test. Plus I have no idea how to do a refund hehe 😀

OK, it’s your choice. But I can tell you… Ron graciously did a test for me last week (as did my equally gracious husband). Found my purchasing setup wasn’t delivering the image. Better to find out from a friend (or a husband) than from a customer.

However, I learned how to refund the purchase price, which was well worth knowing. Super-easy, actually. And the cost was a pittance. Something like 10 cents US. I considered that money well spent.

JoRodrigues
    Participant

@marthamarks wrote:

OK, it’s your choice. But I can tell you… Ron graciously did a test for me last week (as did my equally gracious husband). Found my purchasing setup wasn’t delivering the image. Better to find out from a friend (or a husband) than from a customer.

However, I learned how to refund the purchase price, which was well worth knowing. Super-easy, actually. And the cost was a pittance. Something like 10 cents US. I considered that money well spent.

Thanks 🙂 I might take you up on your offer. I haven’t changed any of the code to the theme so I am assuming if it was a bug that it is fixed now? I’ve been busy getting it ready for sale that it wasn’t a priority.

I had someone else sign up last night. Don’t know where these anonymous signups are coming from. I wish they would buy sumthin’! 🙂

The exchange rate is 10 to 1! The idiots just let it fluctuate wildly like a bouncing check. Let’s say it cost me a quarter of my house monthly rental to get set up on SymbioStock. It’s great when people buy from me but not to pay hehe.

Jo

marthamarks
    Participant

@jorodrigues wrote:

The exchange rate is 10 to 1! The idiots just let it fluctuate wildly like a bouncing check.

You think you’ve got idiots! We’re sitting here with a government shut down and playing around with the notion of default. What a crew of nincompoops. (That’s the nicest word I can think of at the moment.)

JoRodrigues
    Participant

@marthamarks wrote:

You think you’ve got idiots! We’re sitting here with a government shut down and playing around with the notion of default. What a crew of nincompoops. (That’s the nicest word I can think of at the moment.)

I know! It’s an epidemic of corrupt fools! I still say spank politicians in the public square till they behave! I just saw on TV that the Liberty Lady was open for business again hehe 🙂

Jo

marthamarks
    Participant

@jorodrigues wrote:

I just saw on TV that the Liberty Lady was open for business again hehe 🙂

That’s just about the only thing that is open.

JoRodrigues
    Participant

In South Africa, government officials only work if the feel like it in the ANC run areas. After all, it is hard work being a criminal and stealing from the poor is exhausting with all the shopping right after. Doing their job is not a required part of their job description.

Thank heavens I moved to an area NOT controlled by those twits LOL!

Jo

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

Not sure if it is true for international transactions or not, but I’ve never been charged when I did a refund.

If you want to test yourself, put your site back into sandbox mode and go to: https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/applications/accounts

You’ll use your real email to sign up and then an alternative addy to use as a test account.

Then, register (or use your master acct) on your site and go through the buy process. You’ll see if you get the emails sent out, how they’re formatted and if the user can download.

As to the mystery sign-ups, if you look at the user names and email address, if they don’t relate to each other…odds are the spam bots have found you. :-/ They use the bots to register in the hopes that you have your WP settings set so they can take over your account and post rubbish.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.