Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

I’m still in sandbox mode but although I get all the customer emails when I attempt to download the file I get a completely white page…and no download initiates. Is this a sandbox issue or might I have something wrong?

Solutions

@ajt wrote:

To fix this blank screen issue, upgrade procedure should be like from 2.6.5 to 2.7 or 2.8:
    Activate default theme (for example Twenty Twelve), delete Symbio 2.8, then upload it again. Then try in php 5.4, should be ok.

Or

@ajt wrote:

Via ftp go to wp-content, there you should see symbiostock_image_download.php, it is older one (from previous versions). Go to themes/symbiostock/inc/classes/image-procesor. There will be new symbiostock_image_download.php, copy it to wp-content (replace older version), that’s all.

Page 2 of the thread.

Profile photo of ajt
    ajt
    Participant

Probably you have php 5.4.x and Symbio version below 2.7.9.
    Solution: downgrade php to 5.3 or upgrade theme to 2.7.9 🙂

Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

@dianajo wrote:

I’m still in sandbox mode but although I get all the customer emails when I attempt to download the file I get a completely white page…and no download initiates. Is this a sandbox issue or might I have something wrong?

I’m having exactly the same problem (running 2.6.5), and so did Shelma. It’s not a sandbox issue.

Apparently, the “fix” is done in the latest version (2.7.x), but some of us are afraid to upgrade because of the problems others have had. It’s a dicey issue at this moment.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Its not that the problems are bad, its just that people cry loud. 🙂

marthamarks
    Participant

@leo wrote:

Its not that the problems are bad, its just that people cry loud. 🙂

Well, if it’s my problem, I’m gonna cry loud! :/

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

There was one or two instances of *real* issues, but other than that there’s a set of inconveniences not much unlike the earlier versions people are amazingly comfortable with.

I’d say upgrading is pretty safe.

marthamarks
    Participant

@leo wrote:

There was one or two instances of *real* issues, but other than that there’s a set of inconveniences not much unlike the earlier versions people are amazingly comfortable with.

I’d say upgrading is pretty safe.

I may go ahead, bite the bullet, and take the plunge this week. Would rather have a Clean Theme upgrade to smooth the way, but I realize that may not happen anytime soon.

What’s the latest version? 2.7.9??? The number seems to jump ahead by leaps and bounds!

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

i have a version of cleantheme that should go well with your site. if you want me to set you up I can do it in 10 minutes, saving you some headaches.

marthamarks
    Participant

@leo wrote:

i have a version of cleantheme that should go well with your site. if you want me to set you up I can do it in 10 minutes, saving you some headaches.

Wow, I would LOVE that! But I hate to have you forever needing to be so hands-on with our sites.

But, if you’re serious, I’ll take you up on it. I don’t know how to make you an admin on my site. Is that done through Bluehost?

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

There’s a few new features.

2.8.0 has the http://www.clipartillustration.com/image-categories/ categories improvement. (Don’t look too closely at this one — the one on my desktop presently links to the categories and looks a bit better. BIG improvement over a silly text list

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

When did 2.7.9 come out? I just updated yesterday?! I do have php 5.4 Bluehost upgraded everyone who hadn’t already done so. I’m not complaining about updates, really I’m not…it’s just one of those “wordpress” gripes…I remember when WP seemed to have an update every week.

Okay, I guess I just missed the update stuff link when I was keywording/seo’ing a bunch of images today.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@marthamarks wrote:

@leo wrote:

Wow, I would LOVE that! But I hate to have you forever needing to be so hands-on with our sites.

But, if you’re serious, I’ll take you up on it. I don’t know how to make you an admin on my site. Is that done through Bluehost?

Go to your admin area – Users->Add New and set me up as an admin (not a basic user) and the email is leo [at] symbiostock.com

The problem with the latest theme isn’t the theme itself anymore, just the conversion process from going to an old comfort zone to a new more comfortable zone. The downside is the path between is jagged glass walking barefoot.

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

I’m not showing an update from 2.7.7…so where is the super secret squirrel download for 2.7.9?

marthamarks
    Participant

@dianajo wrote:

When did 2.7.9 come out? I just updated yesterday?! I do have php 5.4 Bluehost upgraded everyone who hadn’t already done so. I’m not complaining about updates, really I’m not…it’s just one of those “wordpress” gripes…I remember when WP seemed to have an update every week.

Okay, I guess I just missed the update stuff link when I was keywording/seo’ing a bunch of images today.

Yep. Seems one can either upload images and do SEO stuff on them, or follow the updates to SYS. LOL!

I like to see improvements, but it’s hard to keep up sometimes.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I’ll make it available tonight – 2.8. When I’m working the BIG symbiostock days, I push out daily upgrades, and sometimes a few intermediate ones if something bad is happening.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.