Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi there.
    A couple of days ago there was a series of updates waiting in my WP admin panel, 8 or so, that I accepted. But after the updates I have issue I cant resolve. Everytime I navigate to a picture and click on it, the browser navigates to a empty page. I know the link works because if i choose “quick view” instead I can se the image and its licenses, i can even put it in my cart from there. The footer is also missing from the page when it tries to load the images.

anyone else having issues like that?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi there when you say 8 updates did you update woocommerce as well? If so you need to remove that and Install the correct compatible version with Symbiostock.

No Woocommerce was not one of them, it is still at version 3.0.7, however i think i recall some wocommerce related plugins that where updated, such as Wishlist, woocommerce Stripe Gateway maybe aswell. Sadly i did not take note of what went through, it was a bit distraced and realised i was not on my Staging site but on the live one. I made so many alterations that I would rather fix the problem then go back to the staging version.

FIXED ! (or so i think)
    I went ahead and decided to take a small risk. I deactivated my Woocommerce plugin, that prompted a update to version 3.4.3. I went ahead and made the upgrade and what do you know, it fixed my problem. Now i am back to normal. But there are some new features in WC so I need to test and se if something is conflicting. But I would urge Symbio to test and upgrade their plugin to work with the latest WC. Maybe there was some conflict betweenWC and the 2.0 version of Elementor (page builder) and the OceanWP theme i am using.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

We are currently in the process of testing Symbiostock with the latest version of WooCommerce but yes, it seems by upgrading WooCommerce related plugins with 3.0.7 it caused some hiccups. Let us know if you encounter any bugs with the latest version.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Just a reminder and recommendation – do not perform upgrades to ANY plugins unless you feel you need them. Software is not meant to be updated on a weekly basis and the upgrade prompt is misleading as it very often makes you think there are bigger and better features or performance upgrades. In almost all cases the updated features are not needed and they add to instability. Before the internet was so littered with “liquid” apps and software that could be updated every hour, developers had to release standalone products that were bug free. This is the same mentality we approach Symbiostock with as each release, when released, can be used indefinitely without issue due to the relentless testing we perform. Other developers do not do this because of the ability to rely on live users to complain about issues to in essence “test” for them.

We do not want you to test stuff for us on your live site. But this also makes our releases less frequent, though infinitely more stable. In fact, a testament to this is the fact that we have not needed an upgrade for months for any issues because none exist.

Profile photo of Valentin Tabirca
    Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

In case you have updated a plugin that you shouldn’t, or you want to go back to a previous version, you can use a plugin called WP Rollback. It can also take your theme to a previous version.

In case you want to update a plugin or a theme and you don’t know how your site will react, you can use the plugin WP Staging – it will create a clone of your website. On this clone you can do whatever you want but please be aware of two aspects: 1. cloning will take memory on your hosting and 2. don’t transfer changes from clone to original unless you know what you are doing. No.1 can be solved by not cloning products.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.