Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

@cidepix wrote:

No they can’t.. create a new account and see it for yourself..

I used an account I created to sandbox test Payal, I used a different browser so it is not thinking I am admin, just changed the password (twice), logged out and back in with the new password.

One thing I have noticed is that the grey bar is sometimes at the top and some pages it is at the bottom but just direct your users to click on the “Howdy, your name” bit. Damn I need to change it and keep forgetting LOL!

Jo

JoRodrigues
    Participant

@tdahl-stock wrote:

@jorodrigues wrote:

You can click on the part that part that says “Howdy, USER NAME”. Now that I look again, that menu bar is sitting at the bottom now. When you click on it a mini popup comes up. It’s got Your Name, Edit My Profile, Log Out in it.

Jo

That bar at the bottom that shows “Howdy, User Name” is gone on my test site with 2.8.9. Are you on version 2.8.9 Jo? Do others see it with version 2.8.9?

-Tim

Yip, I saw the upgrade available when I got home this afternoon and upgraded. I love new toys LOL! The bar is now sometimes at the top and on some pages at the bottom.

Jo

Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

@jorodrigues wrote:

@cidepix wrote:

No they can’t.. create a new account and see it for yourself..

I used an account I created to sandbox test Payal, I used a different browser so it is not thing I am admin, just changed the password (twice), logged out and back in with the new password.

One thing I have noticed is that the grey bar is sometimes at the top and some pages it is at the bottom but just direct your users to click on the “Howdy, your name” bit. Damn I need to change it and keep forgetting LOL!

Jo

Jo, I have had symbiostock since the beginning and I know that god damn bar 😀

if you are on 2.8.9 and create a “NEW” account (not an admin account) there is no bar.. Create a “NEW” regular user account..

JoRodrigues
    Participant

“Jo Tester” IS A regular subscriber and if HE can do it so can you LOL! 😀

Jo

Edit: On testing with a brand new user yet again on yet a different browser it does appear that a new user signing up has lost the bar. Checking some more…

Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

@jorodrigues wrote:

Jo

I will create a new testing account on your site..

Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

Yeap, no bar on http://stockyimage.com/

just as I thought..

(chrome and firefox)

Profile photo of tdahl-stock
    tdahl-stock
    Participant

@jorodrigues wrote:

Jo

Jo, was that an existing user before you upgraded? I think what might be happening and is the problem is with new accounts. Could you try creating a new subscriber account and see if you get the “Howdy” bar then. I have created two new subscriber accounts and neither see the “Howdy” bar at the bottom or top.

Thanks
    Tim

Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

@tdahl-stock wrote:

@jorodrigues wrote:

Jo

Jo, was that an existing user before you upgraded? I think what might be happening and is the problem is with new accounts. Could you try creating a new subscriber account and see if you get the “Howdy” bar then. I have created two new subscriber accounts and neither see the “Howdy” bar at the bottom or top.

Thanks
    Tim

Jo maybe a nice guy, but he is a bit stubborn 🙂 he will not create a new account and will try to prove you wrong no matter what 😀

JoRodrigues
    Participant

Yes, on testing on a few browsers and creating brand new users the only way is to go to the page…

http://stockyimage.com/wp-admin/profile.php

and change your password. It does work only that there is no way for the user to get to his profile page now.

Jo

JoRodrigues
    Participant

@cidepix wrote:

Jo maybe a nice guy, but he is a bit stubborn 🙂 he will not create a new account and will try to prove you wrong no matter what 😀

I am not a nice guy 😉 and I am stubborn but I am not stupid and will test before insisting I am right. On a previous acounts the bar was loading.

You can actually change the passwords as a user but with the bar gone there is no link to the user’s profile except with a link.

http://stockyimage.com/wp-admin/profile.php

Jo

Edit: if you do go to your profile page via the link the bar comes back. It then disappears again when you leave the profile page.

Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

well of course the page is there.. but no user will know that URL

most users won’t even know it’s a wordpress site, if the bar does not appear.. anyway, I am sure Leo will fix it in one of the next releases..

JoRodrigues
    Participant

@cidepix wrote:

well of course the page is there.. but no user will know that URL

most users won’t even know it’s a wordpress site, if the bar does not appear.. anyway, I am sure Leo will fix it in one of the next releases..

Yes, and I already said so myself.

So I have just placed a link to that page so that it is there and people can go to it and change their passwords. Not that they need to change their passwords now as they set their own password on sign up.

Jo

Profile photo of tdahl-stock
    tdahl-stock
    Participant

@jorodrigues wrote:

…..now as they set their own password on sign up.

Jo

Jo, how do they setup their own password on registering? When I register a new user you specify username and email still. The only difference is you get auto logged in but you still get a password generated and sent to you.

-Tim

Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

@jorodrigues wrote:

Not that they need to change their passwords now as they set their own password on sign up.

Jo

no, they don’t set their password on sign up.. I have created many test accounts on my site and one on your site and I was not given the option to create my password..

that would solve this issue once and for all..

JoRodrigues
    Participant

@cidepix wrote:

@jorodrigues wrote:

Not that they need to change their passwords now as they set their own password on sign up.

Jo

no, they don’t set their password on sign up.. I have created many test accounts on my site and one on your site and I was not given the option to create my password..

that would solve this issue once and for all..

Yes, sorry I opened up so many accounts across 6 different browsers and made that mistake. You don’t get to chose your password.

Jo

Edit: As mentioned before, I made a temporary fix and added a menu item right next to the user name/login called Profile and linked it to…

http://stockyimage.com/wp-admin/profile.php < Put your own site name where mine is.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.