Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant
    Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

Woohoo, Leo! You’ve made a lot of us SYSers very happy with this news.

Can I upgrade from 2.8.2 to 2.8.9 without wiping out my beautiful new (and just finished) slideshow??? 🙂

Profile photo of tdahl-stock
    tdahl-stock
    Participant

Awesome Leo, Thanks.

How does the user change his password? I do not see the customary bar at the bottom or any link to take the customer to his profile to change his password.

I was thinking about adding the link into the text for the welcome email. That way they could just click the link and change the password when they viewed the welcome email.

-Tim

Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

@tdahl-stock wrote:

Awesome Leo, Thanks.

How does the user change his password? I do not see the customary bar at the bottom or any link to take the customer to his profile to change his password.

I was thinking about adding the link into the text for the welcome email. That way they could just click the link and change the password when they viewed the welcome email.

-Tim

Great Improvement Leo! 😀

But I will have to agree with the above concerns..

It would be perfect if the user was able to set up his password while entering username and email..

nevertheless, this is a step in the right direction..

Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

I dont understand what the issue is with the new login, can someone explain. I dont want to upgrade to find out its not ok.

Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

@Semmick Photo wrote:

I dont understand what the issue is with the new login, can someone explain. I dont want to upgrade to find out its not ok.

Thanks in advance.

I did upgrade and still don’t know what has changed.

Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

@redneck wrote:

@Semmick Photo wrote:

Thanks in advance.

I did upgrade and still don’t know what has changed.

You won’t know until you create an account.. Create an account and see what happens 🙂 you no longer need confirmation email..

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

@tdahl-stock wrote:

Awesome Leo, Thanks.

-Tim

The user/buyer clicks on Top Right Hand Corner > Edit My Profile and scroll down to “About Yourself”. You can enter a new password there.

Jo

marthamarks
    Participant

@jorodrigues wrote:

The user/buyer clicks on Top Right Hand Corner > Edit My Profile and scroll down to “About Yourself”. You can enter a new password there.

Oh, that’s great to know! I’m gonna plunge in and upgrade to 2.8.9.

tdahl-stock
    Participant

@jorodrigues wrote:

@tdahl-stock wrote:

Awesome Leo, Thanks.

-Tim

Jo

Unless I am totally missing it there is nowhere to click to get to the profile on the new version (2.8.9). I login to my 2.8.8 live site with as a test user and I can click on the bottom right corner to get to the profile. It is missing on the test site with 2.8.9.

JoRodrigues
    Participant

@marthamarks wrote:

@jorodrigues wrote:

Oh, that’s great to know! I’m gonna plunge in and upgrade to 2.8.9.

I only found this out two days ago. So I’m spreadin’ the news LOL!

Jo

JoRodrigues
    Participant

@tdahl-stock wrote:

Unless I am totally missing it there is nowhere to click to get to the profile on the new version (2.8.9). I login to my 2.8.8 live site with as a test user and I can click on the bottom right corner to get to the profile. It is missing on the test site with 2.8.9.

You can click on the part that part that says “Howdy, USER NAME”. Now that I look again, that menu bar is sitting at the bottom now. When you click on it a mini popup comes up. It’s got Your Name, Edit My Profile, Log Out in it.

Jo

marthamarks
    Participant

@tdahl-stock wrote:

I just switched uneventfully to 2.8.9 and restored Clean Theme. All looks normal on my site. Whew!

When I went in to register as somebody else, the registration form still says “A password will be emailed to you.” Is that something I can change somewhere?

Tim, that Edit Account with PW change IS visible on my 2.8.9. It pops up from the bottom right of the page, right under where it says “Howdy Martha”.

Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

@jorodrigues wrote:

@tdahl-stock wrote:

Awesome Leo, Thanks.

-Tim

Jo

No they can’t.. create a new account and see it for yourself..

tdahl-stock
    Participant

@jorodrigues wrote:

You can click on the part that part that says “Howdy, USER NAME”. Now that I look again, that menu bar is sitting at the bottom now. When you click on it a mini popup comes up. It’s got Your Name, Edit My Profile, Log Out in it.

Jo

That bar at the bottom that shows “Howdy, User Name” is gone on my test site with 2.8.9. Are you on version 2.8.9 Jo? Do others see it with version 2.8.9?

-Tim

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.