Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DaveB
    DaveB
    Participant

Hopefully there’s a simple solution to this that I’ve yet to find.

In a product page, in the additional information tab, I’m getting all licences that have been setup displayed, regardless of whether they are assigned to the product or not.

When I edit the product, and remove the uneeded attributes, and click save, all seems well, and they vanish from the product editor, but when I then Update the product, and take another look in Attributes, they’ve returned. They aren’t being used for Variations, they only appear in the Attributes Values.

Also the ‘Visible on the front page’ checkbox, which would normally control if Woo displayed the Additional Information tab or not, behaves similarly, it can be unchecked, & saved, but after clicking Update, it’s checked again.

I don’t think this a Woo thing, as other Woo powered sites I’ve got don’t behave like this, so I’m assuming SS is forcing these settings somehow.

The questions are then. How do I remove extraneous Licences from the Additional Information tab, or how do I get the ‘Visible on the front page’ checkbox to stick as unchecked?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Can you explain where the ‘Visible on the front page’ option is? Symbiostock should not be touching that if it is a setting that WooCommerce sets.

Profile photo of DaveB
    DaveB
    Participant

Disable the simplified interface and it’s in Attributes.

This particular product isn’t assigned the 3 Licences shown, but still they show up, and apparently can’t be removed.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Go into the Symbiostock settings and disable ‘Auto-filter Licenses during save’ – see if that solves your issue. If you do this, however, global licenses will not auto apply when you save products.

The best way to do this is not to use WooCommerce to manage your attributes but to just add a hook into your theme that removes the additional information tab altogether.

Profile photo of DaveB
    DaveB
    Participant

OK, thanks, tried the 1st with no luck.

I’d tried the second already using code here https://docs.woothemes.com/document/editing-product-data-tabs/

and it did indeed remove the tabs, but broke the SS element of the theme. The white background seems to require the tabs otherwise it contracts to a narrow bar at the top.

I did have the technical details tab disabled as well though, so there were no tabs at all, and when it’s re-enabled, the background behaves itself.

That’ll do. Thanks.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Yeah theme stuff can be finicky sometimes. Glad it worked out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.