Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of hajnalka.oltyan
    hajnalka.oltyan
    Participant

Hi,

I have been using Symbiostock on my WordPress site for a while and recently my site health status detected a critical issue.

I checked all the plugins I have, and it only disappears if I deactivate Symbiostock Pro. So the issue is inside that plugin.

And the problem is this:

A PHP session was created by a session_start() function call. This interferes with REST API and loopback requests. The session should be closed by session_write_close() before making any HTTP requests.

Which is causing a few other issues too:

The REST API is one way WordPress, and other applications, communicate with the server. One example is the block editor screen, which relies on this to display, and save, your posts and pages.

The REST API request failed due to an error.
    Error: cURL error 28: Operation timed out after 10000 milliseconds with 0 bytes received (http_request_failed)

Loopback requests are used to run scheduled events, and are also used by the built-in editors for themes and plugins to verify code stability.

The loopback request to your site failed, this means features relying on them are not currently working as expected.
    Error: cURL error 28: Operation timed out after 10001 milliseconds with 0 bytes received (http_request_failed)

Now, I can’t be the only one having this problem, so can you fix the open PHP session and close it? Or tell me where is it, so I can add the closing tag?

Thank you, Dawn

Profile photo of Bob W
    Bob W
    Participant

Hi Dawn , I’m having exactly the same issue, and my test orders get stuck in processing and never complete,
    the cron job is working fine on the server and processes new uploaded images, but doesn’t work on processing orders.
    I’m looking for a better solution for selling stock with woocommerce, but there seems to be nothing out there.

Profile photo of Bob W
    Bob W
    Participant

this is the critical error I get in WP
    A PHP session was created by a session_start() function call. This interferes with REST API and loopback requests. The session should be closed by session_write_close() before making any HTTP requests.

The REST API request failed due to an error.
    Error: cURL error 28: Operation timed out after 10001 milliseconds with 0 bytes received (http_request_failed)

The loopback request to your site failed, this means features relying on them are not currently working as expected.

hajnalka.oltyan
    Participant

Hi Bob, I know, for me it’s the same. I have been looking for that open function inside the files of symbiostock pro, but I’m not sure what I’m looking for, and have no experience finding such issues. But it drives me crazy, so will keep looking.

Why can’t they fix it???

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Are you having any actual functional issues on your site? Are you using the correct version of WooCommerce and Symbiostock? Or are these just warnings you are getting that you would like to solve?

Profile photo of info63
    info63
    Participant

I have the same “problem”.
    I am using actual WordPress-, Woocommerce- and Symbiostock-Versions, I am currently building a new site to market my old slides.
    It does not seem to affect the performance of the site.
    It is for sure the plugin symbiostock pro that causes the error, when I disable this plugin I don’t get any error messages anymore.
    Even though there are no problems in everyday life, I can understand that my colleagues are getting nervous and would be happy if they wouldn’t have to see this error on every check.
    Nevertheless, thanks for the work, a really very good plugin, I think I will go online in a few days with my site stock-analog.com.

hajnalka.oltyan
    Participant

Symbiostock Pro plugin issues

It does effect the site’s speed, server communication, scheduling and also health.

Profile photo of info63
    info63
    Participant

To make it perfectly clear:
    I only run a very small site that is under construction and cannot judge the speed or loss of the same. I just wanted to provide information about whether I actually have functional and obvious problems to notice.
    I wonder which curl process can not be executed. Does anyone have an idea or a suggestion how I find out?
    Of course the health of the system is affected and of course it should be taken care of.

Profile photo of duncan
    duncan
    Participant

I am getting exactly the same. On deactivation of Symbiostock the critical issue disappears

PHP session was created by a session_start() function call. This interferes with REST API and loopback requests. The session should be closed by session_write_close() before making any HTTP requests.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Unless you are having any functional issues or have clear quantifiable data that this is affecting your site in any way, please ignore it. There is no reason to fret over syntax concerns when it does the job it’s supposed to. This is not a bug in the software but rather unconventional methods of coding.

Profile photo of Greg
    Greg
    Participant

How is this resolved if it is not fixed? Ignoring it is not a solution or resolution. It is a coding issue and needs to be fixed surely?

but rather unconventional methods of coding

Meaning? Again it is obviously a code issue by that comment that should surely be fixed.

hajnalka.oltyan
    Participant

I agree, but they don’t care is the truth.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.