Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I’m happy to report things are moving along swiftly now.

It may be hard for many of you to appreciate the finer points, but I’ll list what we have so far.

1. The css is used creating the SASS system: http://sass-lang.com/ … what this means for you: An elegant look, great styles.

2. We are using jquery UI … what this means for you: Slick user interface in the admin and front-end.

3. An uploader that is extendable. …what this means for you: Now you can do general uploads or specific uploads (such as updating an image with a better file you may have edited) + the ability for other plugins to create new types of products with their own upload routine.

There are some more points, but I’ll get to them later.

The difference between this development run and the one that started Symbiostock – The first time was reactionary and time-crunched, with some microstock frenzy driving the ideas. This time is like carefully putting together a model ship or working on a trophy car. Everything is being loved and shined up with every step of the way.

Sadly I might have to detour yet again as some paying jobs have come in, and I must take those.

Overall though I’m happy to report things are going well.

Profile photo of dp69_2001
    dp69_2001
    Participant

@leo wrote:

I’m happy to report things are moving along swiftly now.

It may be hard for many of you to appreciate the finer points, but I’ll list what we have so far.

1. The css is used creating the SASS system: http://sass-lang.com/ … what this means for you: An elegant look, great styles.

2. We are using jquery UI … what this means for you: Slick user interface in the admin and front-end.

3. An uploader that is extendable. …what this means for you: Now you can do general uploads or specific uploads (such as updating an image with a better file you may have edited) + the ability for other plugins to create new types of products with their own upload routine.

There are some more points, but I’ll get to them later.

The difference between this development run and the one that started Symbiostock – The first time was reactionary and time-crunched, with some microstock frenzy driving the ideas. This time is like carefully putting together a model ship or working on a trophy car. Everything is being loved and shined up with every step of the way.

Sadly I might have to detour yet again as some paying jobs have come in, and I must take those.

Overall though I’m happy to report things are going well.

Good to hear 🙂

Profile photo of KLSbear
    KLSbear
    Participant

Definitely a happy update and glad to hear you have paying jobs coming in too. I’m looking forward to seeing the final results when it’s ready.

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

Thanks for the update.

Did I miss something earlier or misunderstand – is the new version unconnected to WordPress?

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@joannsnover wrote:

Thanks for the update.

Did I miss something earlier or misunderstand – is the new version unconnected to WordPress?

No, its connected. Its going to have its own database and add as close to 0 as possible on wp’s basic resource overhead. WordPress is necessary because people have such diverse expectations the only way to fill it is with wordpress. Similar philosophy to what started, only this version is being created with an OCD level of performance efficiency among other things.

Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

@leo wrote:

Now you can do general uploads or specific uploads (such as updating an image with a better file you may have edited)

That sounds like a fabulous upgrade!

I don’t have the technical expertise to understand much of the rest of your report, but I’m sure it’s all good.

Many thanks, Leo, for continuing to stay involved with this project. I’m glad you’re getting “paid work” these days. Can’t live without it!

Martha

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

So glad to hear that, Leo. You rock 😀

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@jsfoto wrote:

So glad to hear that, Leo. You rock 😀

Thanks. I decided to listen to some heavier music and it keeps me going strong

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

Thank you Leo!

I’m very grateful ….

Jo

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Take your time. No pressure.
    Since we have a well working machine already there’s no need to rush.

Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

@redneck wrote:

+1

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

@marthamarks wrote:

@redneck wrote:

+1

The small boy in me is excited and says something like “can I have it tomorrow”, but the adult (and this is the on you should listen to in this case 😀 ) says:

+1

Seriously: I still have my test domain … so if you need an early tester, just let me know, I’ll be glad to help.

Profile photo of sandorgora
    sandorgora
    Participant

Leo, keep the music playing, in your ears and in your heart!

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Just an update – we’re well along. I’ve just about finished the uploader classes and I’m working on the image processor.

I’d love an opinion: I’d like to *require* people to use imagemagick for the sake of simplicity. Thoughts?

Also the “Networking” aspect of Symbiostock is being extended to be a full on social network, and I’ve been integrating that as well.

Profile photo of shotupdave
    shotupdave
    Participant

@leo wrote:

Just an update – we’re well along. I’ve just about finished the uploader classes and I’m working on the image processor.

I’d love an opinion: I’d like to *require* people to use imagemagick for the sake of simplicity. Thoughts?

Also the “Networking” aspect of Symbiostock is being extended to be a full on social network, and I’ve been integrating that as well.

I believe in the KISS system to get things done

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.