Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

I recently decided to look into adding media to the 500px marketplace – suffice to say I now remembered why I never did before.

These guys are going out of their way to make it nigh impossible to submit media to their site. You can’t FTP, their bulk uploader is not feasible for more than 10 at a time, and upload speeds are very slow. Even their lightroom plugin does not work with tags anymore as far as I can tell.

But let’s forget all that. Even if you went through all the trouble of uploading to them – after getting everything ready to manually submit, I then realize that they do not even watermark images and allow visitors to see nearly full resolution versions of your media. When you do enable a ‘watermark’ option it is a barely visible label in the bottom left corner of the image.

Just a heads up – I would not suggest using these guys for the watermark issue alone. People can easily use the images and steal them en mass.

I never think of selling license on 500px. Instead, I upload downsized sample images with my own watermark to do self promotion. Once you build a large amount of followers, the view counts is big. I upload one photo per day and have been doing this for a long time.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.