Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

The importer has had some severe upgrades performed to it so that it is more robust in dealing with different table prefixes and slow servers with large numbers of files. It is fully automated but prepare to leave your browser running as it can take some time for lots of images.

It may be hard to make it compatible with every version of the legacy install, although we have encountered few issues. Please check the docs if you encounter authentication issues.

Please see the docs here regarding its use:

http://www.symbiostock.org/docs/symbiostock-importerexporter/

Also note that it can be downloaded for free by clicking on the download link on the bottom nav bar.

Thanks.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Further upgrades being implemented – importer is currently disabled for downloads until I get them finished.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Importer is now downloadable again. There was a weird bug that appears to be an undocumented issue with WordPress (size limit on options).

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant
    Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

I have downloaded the importer and installed it as a plugin on my new site and in the legacy site. In the new site I can see the setting area in Symbiostock and can see the unique code that I am supposed to copy across to the legacy site.

However, in the legacy site I can’t see where the importer settings are. I see the plugin is active, I have looked in Symbiostock:Settings as well as the other tabs, I have restarted the theme to see if that makes it appear.
    Sorry – but where are the settings for the exporter in the legacy system?
    Steve

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Ahh… I understand now. In the legacy system you directly edit the Importer/Exporter Plugin itself and paste the secret code into that plugin. Now it is connecting.

Steve

Profile photo of nikd90
    nikd90
    Participant

Can someone help me to update from my previous version (done by Leo) to the new version? I cant find the link to importer/exporter. Please help. I am coming back to photography after a couple of years

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.