Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of THPStock
    THPStock
    Participant

New release, many changes apparently – is it ok to update? Is Symbiostock compatible?

THPStock
    Participant
    Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

We always catch up eventually and will post an update whenever that happens. We do not recommend upgrading on your live server until that happens.

THPStock
    Participant

Anyone updated to 2.5 successfully? Any update on if its safe to do so? Major changes seem to be speed related, which would be great.

THPStock
    Participant

Just started having problems with search, using the standard Woocommerce search widget. I haven’t done the woo commerce update, but my site did auto update to wordpress 4.4.2

Search will work fine for some tags, but for others (than clearly exist) it returns no results at all.

It was working fine a week or two ago. Anyone else finding issues after the latest wordpress update?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Tag searching is indexed once a day because it is not built into WordPress (Symbiostock enhances the search) so it is possible that the ones you are searching for have not yet been indexed.

THPStock
    Participant

hey robin, thanks for the input. Unfortunately that can’t be the case, as I can search for images which have been online for weeks and they won’t show. Some terms work, some terms don’t. Its weird.

My developer will take a look tomorrow. If he thinks its symbio related ill let you know.

Has anyone else noticed any weirdness since wordpress 4.4.2?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Try disabling the Symbiostock search enhancement in the settings and see if that changes anything

THPStock
    Participant

Which setting exactly? Is it:

“Symbiostock related products”

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Actually, looks like there is no setting for that – weird, I was sure there was. I’ll add one in the next release, but after looking at the code it should have no effect on what you’re experiencing.

I just did a test and it looks like WP 4.4.2 may have introduced some weird alteration to the search algorithm where sometimes it is different than others. I’ll have to look into it, but won’t be able to anytime soon necessarily.

This is another reason why we strongly suggest you disable all automatic updates.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Yeah, that is also a good option – use a third party plugin where Symbiostock’s search improvement fails. We added that mechanism for tag searching, but if it does not work for some reason third party options are available.

THPStock
    Participant

The search functionality in woocommerce doesn’t search by product tags by default. I’ve installed this plugin some weeks ago and it works fine for me : https://wordpress.org/plugins/search-by-product-tags-for-woocommerce/ Hope it can help…

Amazing, thanks for that I hadn’t realised that wasn’t a feature of woo. I must have just chanced upon searches that worked ages ago, but I have installed a plugin called “advanced woo search” and its working! Thanks for the tip

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

The search functionality in woocommerce doesn’t search by product tags by default.
    I’ve installed this plugin some weeks ago and it works fine for me : https://wordpress.org/plugins/search-by-product-tags-for-woocommerce/

Hope it can help…

Thanks for the tip. However, you might want to be careful with this one. I tried it and it gave me a fatal error (memory allowance) when searching for very generic tags like ‘man’ or ‘woman’. It worked well with more specific search keywords. I have 256MB memory limit with about 2600 images.

THPStock
    Participant

The search functionality in woocommerce doesn’t search by product tags by default. I’ve installed this plugin some weeks ago and it works fine for me : https://wordpress.org/plugins/search-by-product-tags-for-woocommerce/ Hope it can help…

Thanks for the tip. However, you might want to be careful with this one. I tried it and it gave me a fatal error (memory allowance) when searching for very generic tags like ‘man’ or ‘woman’. It worked well with more specific search keywords. I have 256MB memory limit with about 2600 images.

Yeah I steered clear of this one too as it hadn’t been updated in something like 2 years.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.