Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

Leo, could we have a “Popular Images” widget? It could be just a duplicate of “Featured Images” … we create a category called “Popular Images” and the images of this category are showcased in the widget (so I hope its not much work to implement it).
    I already use “Popular Images” on my front-page, but it is self-made and I don’t like it very much 😀 (for example I didn’t manage to make it work properly on mobile devices). I would appreciate a possibility to have a second widget with which I can showcase specified images (not just the most recent I have uploaded) “Featured images” in the side bar and “Popular images” under the slight-show for example.
    I suggested that already in the Development threads, but I think it was misplaced there … sorry for that … the spark of enthusiasm makes me stop thinking sometimes 😀

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I’d like to extend the existing widgets a bit to allow multiple options. That will happen when life has gotten a bit eaiser with SYmbiostock development and shiney happy people holding hands.

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

Leo, is there an “easy” way to write SYS widgets that do not require YOU altering any code?

I.E. If someone wrote a widget to display release info, can they package it in such a way that the end user can just download it, upload it and drag/drop into their images page?

Or a widget for popular images/holiday/promos/etc?

I’ve never written a widget, but since they tend to require less coding overall it might be something I can manage…but it does little good if the end user needs to update filex.php and blah/widget/hooks.php etc. Or that it requires you releasing a new update/version.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.