Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Videoopp
    Videoopp
    Participant

Is there a way to set watermarking for previews only, not thumbs?  I would especially like this for the video uploads.  The automated system seems to do a great job at watermarking the actual video preview, but it is very distracting for the actual video thumbs and preview still image.  From what i can tell right now watermarking is an either on or off setting, no option for small thumbs to have none.

worldviewstock.com

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

This would be extremely difficult to implement because WordPress’s thumb nailing system is quite a closed off process. In most cases, you basically run one function and this creates all the thumbnails for all sizes. We’ve explored breaking this up and creates additional problems because of how other plugins, including WooCommerce, manipulate the size and look of thumbnails. It is therefore unlikely that something like this will be implemented in the near future as it is sort of beyond the scope of Symbiostock.

Videoopp
    Participant

Ahhh, I see.  Thanks for the clarification.

What about an option on whether or not to watermark video clip thumbs.  Since you have a completely different service processing the video previews I would think it should be possible to say no to WP watermarking the thumbs that service sends back to WP, and keep that separate from your other image watermark option …  no?

worldviewstock.com

Videoopp
    Participant

I think that part of the problem for me is that the video thumbs appear to be watermarked at a higher opacity than the still images

http://worldviewstock.com/?s=Woman for a comparison  (scroll down)

worldviewstock.com

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey videoopp,

This is a good idea and I will look into it.

Videoopp
    Participant

I was looking into a plugin called “Easy Watermark”  It has the option of not watermarking thumbs.  Is this the plugin that you were talking about that is incompatible with WooComerece?  I would like to give it a try but have not been able to find the option to turn off watermarking in the Symbiostock Settings.  Is it possible to shut off?

worldviewstock.com

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

If you want to completely turn off watermarking just upload a transparent PNG as the watermark

Videoopp
    Participant

Hi,

Any update on this?

I don’t want to upload any more video until I can shut of watermarking on video thumbs…

worldviewstock.com

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

There is no ETA on this right now. You have the option of disabling watermarks altogether using the instructions I posted above and once this functionality is added you can have Symbiostock regenerate all your image watermarks.

Videoopp
    Participant

Yes, but this shuts off watermarking for stills too, which I would like watermarked. at least the larger previews.  I forget now why the test with Easywatermark didn’t work out…

worldviewstock.com

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Regardless, once the new mechanism is in place, you will have some way of removing the watermarks from the images, even if you have to manually re-save them, or we may be able to implement some sort of automated regeneration process. I do not think it is worth delaying adding media for this reason.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.