Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of thestockstash
    thestockstash
    Participant

[attachment=0:1iw3w87f]mobile.jpg[/attachment:1iw3w87f]Hi

I am having some problems with my site on mobile and think it would be better if I disable the mobile layout.

Problems:

1. The site title is being displayed over or instead of the navigation menu (and half over the logo) and is an inactive link (see screenshot).

2. I am not sure if the navigation menu is actually being displayed at all, or maybe it is just being hidden behind the site title but there is no way to navigate the site on mobile.

3. I have fiddled with my css quite a bit and now my search bar is also not visible on mobile phone, nor is the log-in link. And with the padding I have added in places the spacing looks horrible on the rest of the site. I am thinking that perhaps I should just disable the responsiveness of the site. Most phones are now big enough to view a site the same way it appears on desktop, and can ‘pinch to zoom’ in if need be, so I think this could be the route to go instead of spending hours trying to tweak the css for mobile.

So my question is, is there a way to disable the mobile responsiveness so the site displays the same as it does on desktop? How would I do it?

I am using a child theme with the default Symbiostock theme. My site is : http://www.thestockstash.com

Thanks.

Liz

Profile photo of thestockstash
    thestockstash
    Participant

Ok, I managed to remove the site title by adding this bit of code in the style.css in the child theme:

@media (max-width: 767px) {
    .navbar-brand {
    display:none !important;
    }
    }

I then spent over 3 hours tidying up my mobile version. Granted I had made a some changes to my basic css which had probably messed up the mobi site, but I still would have preferred to just disable mobile styles and display as normal (I don’t really like the look of the responsive version and am not a fan of the collapsed menus).

Couldn’t figure out a simple way to disable it all – if anyone knows how, please let me know.

Anyhow, my site is at least now usable on mobile devices and doesn’t look too terrible. 🙂

Liz

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.