Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Snap Vectors
    Snap Vectors
    Participant

Hello everyone.

I looked at my Google Analytics page today. For some reason, visits to my website stopped cold on Dec. 15, 2013.

Before Dec. 15th, I was getting 400 – 700 impressions per day, and visit totals were gradually trending up.

Since then, I only get 10 – 20 impression per day.

Any ideas on how to trouble-shoot this abrupt change?

Thanks!
    Nate

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

The first thing I’d do, I think, is look at the cPanel and stats for my site to see what it had to say about visits – to try and get an idea of whether Google’s stats were no longer tracking you or whether visits really dropped that much.

Did you keep track of your Alexa ranking before? It’s over 2 million. I also noticed that you don’t have any network links outbound, and I can’t check on the inbound as you’re not on Cascoly’s list. Did you cut those out in December?

Snap Vectors
    Participant

Thanks for the reply JoAnn. Unfortunately, I didn’t install a “stats” plugin when I built my site. Do you know if there is somewhere to view stats if you didn’t install a WP plugin for stats?

Thanks for mentioning my Alexis rating. Is 2 million bad or good, and how do you look that up?

I thought I had some outbound links setup. I didn’t change anything on Dec. 15th, when the traffic died. How do I setup outbound links?

Thanks!!!!
    Nate

JoAnnSnover
    Participant

On the WordPress side I use Jetpack’s stats, but the cPanel is something Bluehost (my hosting company) uses to let me manage the site. There are some stats options you can enable – it doesn’t collect them until you turn the option on, but they’re free. You’ll have to see what your hosting company offers.

alexa.com is where you’d go to plug in your site URL to get the info. You can see the other Symbiostock sites’ rankings in Cascoly’s list

As far as setting up network partners for your site, you to the Symbiostock (bee) tab in WordPress and pick some

Snap Vectors
    Participant

Thanks for your replies! I apologize for my basic questions.

I’m still trying to get some stats. I thought I had JetPack installed, but I think something went wrong with it. I reinstalled it, but when I tried to activate it, it said it caused a fatal error. Like you, I also use Bluehost. I looked in my cPanel there, but I couldn’t find a stats area.

How do I get on Cascoly’s list?

You mentioned the Symbiostock (bee) tab in WordPress. Is that under Symbiostock > Network in my WP dashboard.

Again, I apologize for my basic questions. I’m in a little over my head. I’m afraid I might need to pay someone to get in and try and fix things. 🙂

Thanks,
    Nate

Snap Vectors
    Participant

I figured out how to link other Symbiostock users in the SS tab in WP. I added about 10 other users. Is it good to add more or less than that?

Thanks!

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

I think Cascoly (and AJT) add you when they find you in the forum

The limit of network partners is ten so that is a good number

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

JoAnnSnover
    Participant

@Snap Vectors wrote:

… Like you, I also use Bluehost. I looked in my cPanel there, but I couldn’t find a stats area.

Log in to Bluehost in a web browser and from the cPanel display, scroll down until you see a heading for Statistics. Awstats seemed useful to me. You have to turn them on for your domain(s) and then come back in a few days to see what has accumulated.

Snap Vectors
    Participant

Thank you for the instructions, JoAnn!

Nate

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.