Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of KevinL
    KevinL
    Participant

I’m working on two new sites, both using Symbiostock Pro along with Woocommerce Vendors. All going well and site#1 is coming together nicely. Just one issue at the moment and I can’t figure out the solution…

After my photographers (vendors) upload their images via FTP, all works well with their products, etc. However, the thumbnails created for the WP Media Library are only accessible by the website admin and not each photographer. But for our purposes I need my photographers to be able to access their Media thumbnails, too, without having to upload the images separately into their library… which then adds unwanted multiples into in the website admin library.

I have tried a couple different “permissions plugins” but can’t seem to find the correct permissions to allow them to see their own library images.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin Loughlin
    Wildside Nature Tours
    https://WildsideNatureTours.com

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin – are you using Symbiostock Vendors as well? Without that installed and enabled we can’t suggest what could be wrong as Symbiostock requires a lot of custom functionality for a multi-vendor site.

Profile photo of KevinL
    KevinL
    Participant

Hi Robin-

Hi-

Sorry for the delay in responding as I have been in the field teaching a photo workshop.

Yes, I am using SymbiostockPro with Sy Vendors, plus Woocommerce Product Vendors.

The products created on vendor accounts are fine, they just can’t access the regular media library images to use.

Kevin

Kevin Loughlin
    Wildside Nature Tours
    https://WildsideNatureTours.com

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin,

Allowing them access to the media section is something that probably won’t be possible, as I believe if that is enabled they would be able to edit and see other people’s media uploads as well. You may be able to enable it with custom code, but that is something outside the scope of our provisions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.