Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of contrasttv
    contrasttv
    Participant

Symbiostock does an awful lot of clever stuff which would be perfect for use as a digital asset management system. I’d like my library only accessible to registered WordPress users, so that I can give certain users access to only certain images/categories, ideally generated by tags. Can anyone think of a way of doing this?

Here’s an example to hopefully explain:

Admin user can see all images on the front end once logged in
    Subscriber can only see images (or categories) which are tagged with “Subscriber” one logged in
    Non-logged in user can only see the WordPress login screen

Appreciate this probably isn’t a Symbiostock specific feature, but I bet you are the right people to ask!

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Profile photo of JoaoLamares
    JoaoLamares
    Participant

Hi
    At this moment my store it’s almost finish and yes, your suggestion made all sense.
    I photograph motorsports and I work for some drivers. If I made one collection of all race for public in general, I need to made special collections for any driver and made this photos with a different license (in this case free commercial) and sharing with him.
    For that I try to create a client portal with a client private zone, but I need to create a restrict category (for a specific user) to show this images with this license to a specific user. So its great if I can restrict the Symbiostock categories not only to a user role, but also to specific user (no need password at this time).
    Also this guys love to download all photos. So for that I need a option to bulk download all photos or a number of that. Its grate if the client can select some photos and download al in the same Zip or Rar file
    Symbiostock does a good work with this plugin and add-ons, but you can do it better if you think at the regular photographer business, not only in the stock photography.
    PS. I use also the Resourcespace DAM software for that. But RS its not very user friendly and consume a lots of space…
    You can see My RS space at
    https://joaolamares.com/rs/
    You can enter with user: press and password Srkp5bl
    I am at your service if I can help.
    Thanks

Joao is photographer since the 80's, lives in Cascais.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.