Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Star
    Star
    Participant

I am new to symbiostock.

But I am struggling to find a proper documentation for uploading vectors.

What I usually do with other agencies is we upload EPS and same name JPG.. and all the metadata is fetched from JPG.

Is this not the way symbiostock works?

How do we upload vectors?

Looking forward to hear from you. Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Star,

Vectors are uploaded the same as JPEGs – you just put them in your ss_media/new folder and the processor will add them.

So, firstly, have you added the Symbiostock processor to your system’s cron system?:

http://www.symbiostock.org/docs/setting-up-the-schedulerimage-processor/

Profile photo of Star
    Star
    Participant

ok, thankyou. I have updated the cron jobs

I upload EPS and JPG on ss_media/new

but the system is reading EPS and jpg as separate, while metadata is being read from jpgs itself and eps is showing same file name.

I also see some color difference on EPS

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thank you for the detailed information. The way Symbiostock works is as follows:

1) Add EPS files first
    2) Once EPS products are created, you upload the JPEG version as an alternate file for each EPS file. You can do this by editing the product and seeing the ‘Upload Alternate JPEG’ area which tells you how to do this. You can also do this via FTP using the instructions there.

At the current time, for EPS files, as far as I know unless you are able to store metadata in the EPS, you will have to manually add the metadata to each vector. We may add a feature whereby you can make Symbiostock use the Alternate JPEG’s metadata to override the product information, but all in all this workflow is not too bad. It may be some work initially but once your store is set up adding new products should not be troublesome at all.

Profile photo of Star
    Star
    Participant

ok, I got your point here for uploading JPG later.

The adding metadata to EPS files is not a big deal when we have a small portfolio of some 100s designs. And when the numbers goes in 1000s or 10s thousand this is pain taking :)… I have all those metadata in JPG.

For now, I think I should wait until there is an update for it.

I know this thing may go in further development but my suggestion would be to keep it simple.. upload EPS + JPG or maybe a ZIP (EPS+JPG) and done.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

We’ll try to get a version out in the next few days that will cater to your needs with regards to vectors.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Star,

Just so you know, the next version of Symbiostock will have the functionality you are requesting – alternate JPEGs can be uploaded directly with vectors in one go, alternate JPEG metadata can be read and used for the product information. No definite ETA as we are adding a few more features and what not, but should be within about a week.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Star – just so you know with Symbiostock Pro 3.3 this is now added. You should be able to upload the alternate JPEG along with the vector and Symbiostock will read the metadata accordingly for a one step upload process.

Profile photo of amazeindesign
    amazeindesign
    Participant

Thanks for this update Robin. I hope more vector artists will come and join us.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.