Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lusoimages
    Lusoimages
    Participant

Hi,

Somehow I’ve missed the reopening of the forum, so I’ve previously posted this question over MSG unfortunately without being able to find a solution, and following to a tip of a fellow symbiostocker I’m now opening a thread here. And I’d like to start by thanking all the help given there.

The title of this discussion is self-explanatory. The problem is that the function of updating all existing images, in this case the prices, is not working and seems to have a timeout of about 10 minutes. It doesn’t matter how many images are processed (1500 or 2100) the fact is that it stops at about minute 10.

After several suggestions on the MSG topic and advices from Bluehost I’ve changed a lot of parameters on the php.ini file to extend the time limits, even putting some without limits, but the results didn’t change. Ultimately the Bluehost support mentioned that this is probably an issue with a third party software and that they couldn’t help much in that matter.

I’ve also disabled all the plugins twice, even if for some reason two of them did not disable, but the 10 minute cap also happened.

Another attempt was made, as suggested, to change to the base theme, and then to the Child theme again. Neither of the attempts in both settings worked.

There was a time at the beginning of the attempts where all photos were processed in an unique event and even before any change was made to the php.ini or in any other setting. Unfortunately that happened when I was trying to revert the partial change. When it ended I’ve tried to update to the new prices without success until now.

So, the question is, does anyone have any idea how to solve this or what should I attempt?

Thanks.

Profile photo of ajt
    ajt
    Participant

You can execute SQL command to modify database. You can do it in phpmyadmin (see Bluehost instructions how to access it).
    Or you can install plugin for WordPress, for example SQL Executioner.
    If you want to change large price of all images, use this command:

UPDATE wp_postmeta SET meta_value="20.00" WHERE meta_key="price_large"

and similar commands for all other sizes.

WARNING: database can be easily damaged, so be very careful and don’t try this unless you are sure what you are doing…

Profile photo of KLSbear
    KLSbear
    Participant

Jose, are you using the batch editor in the premium plug in or just trying to change all the images via the Author Options in the Symbiostock settings page?

Profile photo of Jan
    Jan
    Participant

I just found by myself that directly via mysql is the best way to change bulk prices.
    Trying it via WordPress makes a mess out of licenses and ‘Exclusive images’ if you do it with the Batch Editor or Sym => “Author options”.

I used a query SQL within phpMyAdmin, after testing it on my localhost first.
    This worked for me, just like ajt mentioned:

UPDATE `wp_postmeta` SET `meta_value` = '2.50' WHERE `wp_postmeta`.`meta_key` = 'price_bloggee';

“( Query took 0.0068 sec )”

This does change all bloggee prices of all images, including collections!

Profile photo of Lusoimages
    Lusoimages
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for your tips.

I’ve installed the SQL Executioner and tried both commands but the answer was: Table ‘stockpj0_wor2.wp_postmeta’ doesn’t exist

I don’t know if it was needed to do anything else, but I’ve just installed the plugin, copied the command into the filed with the intended values and pressed “Execute SQL”

KLSbear

I’m using the ” Author Options” in the Symbiostock settings page. I don’t have the premium plugin.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.