Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jesse
    Jesse
    Participant

I am running latest version of wordpress, woocommerce, and symbiostock. I am not sure if this is actually affecting functionality on the site, but when I enable wordpress debugging, I’m getting this error every few seconds in wp-content/debug.log

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: currSSV in <snip>/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock/symbiostock-init.php on line 26

PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in <snip>/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock/symbiostock-init.php on line 26

I also get the exact same errors also on line 23.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Don’t worry about notices – you’re going to notice a lot more if you keep debugging live. Only fatal errors are of major relevance.

Welcome!

Profile photo of Jesse
    Jesse
    Participant

I was actually looking for why another plugin’s setting page is completely blank except for the admin nav bar on the left, so I enabled debugging. Unfortunately, the only errors showing up in the log are from symbiostock, so I was concerned there was some conflict between the 2 plugins. However, if you know this error is not fatal, I will look elsewhere. And thank you for your quick reply.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Notices are extremely strict in PHP – if you refer to a variable that has not formally been initiated you get a notice. It’s a silly sort of warning that means absolutely nothing.

So, for example, if you were to simultaneously create and assign a variable as such:

$thisnumber = $thisnumber+1;

You would get a warning notice because $thisnumber has not yet been initiated, though you are adding it to 1. This is often used in loops. So to prevent the notice you would have to do:

$thisnumber = 0;
    $thisnumber = $thisnumber+1;

But since an uninitiated variable has no value anyways, it is redundant in a lot of cases. As you can see, this poses no issue.

However, I can’t say Symbiostock is not causing a problem with your other plugin, irrespective of those notices. Try disabling Symbiostock and see if it persists.

Profile photo of Jesse
    Jesse
    Participant

Thanks for going the extra mile and explaining, and for welcoming me. My experience in PHP is limited, but I am a software engineer among other things, so I completely understand your explanation (and I’ll add that to the reasons I don’t want to write code in PHP :P).

I set up a dev environment and tried disabling symbiostock. It did not fix the other plugin, so I will look for the solution elsewhere.

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.