Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ioannis
    Ioannis
    Participant

Hello,

I am using a different Theme than yours together with your plugins. With surprise I have failed with all attempts to translate “License” into another language… The site is not in English.

I have spotted that I am not first person that has been dealing with it. However the solution is not clear to me. The Javascript causes delay and before the page loads, the original “License” is visibly seen. That is really not good solution.

I decided that I will simply go to php file and forcedly change it.

I have searched with Putty all files to find label ‘License’ and I found all results in file named symbiostock-init.php – i replaced all findings there with the translation version.

And nothing happened. No change.

I was looking for woocommerce source, which seems to be a post type named pa_license, but its information are coming from symbiostock plugin.

It must take the original label somewhere from the plugin. Can I please ask you where is the place to change, what is the original string or name where it comes from and in which file do I have to rename it?

Thank you very much!

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi there – the license text is the title of the variable within WooCommerce – that is why it is not hard coded within Symbiostock anywhere. You also cannot manually change the name of this variable property as this is the only one that Symbiostock looks for when it processes stuff. We are looking into enabling this where possible and will let you know.

Profile photo of TravelPOIs
    TravelPOIs
    Participant

Hi,
    maybe this is what you are looking for!?

Page: Symbiostock Settings
    Field: Symbiostock strings
    ——————————————–
    “License”>”Lizenz”,”License Type”>”Lizenzart”,”Resolution”>”Format”
    ——————————————–
    Simply translate and write in the field

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Yes – this is now enabled in Symbiostock Pro 6.0.0.

Profile photo of Ioannis
    Ioannis
    Participant

Hellom

thank you for help. will test it.

TravelPOIs – thank you as well. I am using different Theme, so I was not able to change the string. I have found emergency solution by changing it with JQuery. Not good probably for site speed, but it made its jobs. So I am very happy I can try it now without the code.

I did not find any word with Putty even in woocommerce plugin folder, so I can imagine that the name is created somewhere totally elsewhere than plugin and theme folder.

The word License is too general, there too many results and it was very hard for me to identify the one woocommerce creates. I thought it must have been somewhere near class “pa_license”, but not success as well…

So I am really happy that the thing has been solved

Profile photo of Ioannis
    Ioannis
    Participant

Btw, I think that the woocommerce single product tab named “Technical Details” is the same story…. it cannot be translated, it is created by woocommerce + somewhere outside the plugin folder…

Or somebody knows other solution than jQuery?

Profile photo of Mika Koivunen
    Mika Koivunen
    Participant

I have still this same problem! Theme is Symbiostock Express. I had not find the way to translate variation title. My translate string is now:

"License Type">"Lisenssi",”License”>"Tuote",”Type”>”Tyyppi”,”Price”>”Hinta","Choose your”>”Valitse”,”Licensing information">"Lisenssitiedot"

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Mika – are you sure you are using the right quotes? The ones you have copy and pasted here seem to be special ones. This has tested to be working.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.