Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

Symbiostock batch editor improvements (SEARCH)
    Now a days when performing a search there is no way to know in the results what are the images that we have already in a certain category, so users expend a lot of time selecting “repeated” images and adding over to the same category that it is already into.

I’d like to suggest the following:
    1. In the batch editor, If I’m going to add images into the “Business” category, I would select on the right dropdown list (categories) the category “Bussiness” where it will show all images within this category. Ok, until here it is already possible;
    2. After that we would have a check box “[X] hide results already in the selected category”. So, let’s suppose I type in the search box the word “people” and perform the search. By having this checkbox checked, it would show only the people image that is NOT into the selected category “Business” instead of showing all (into and not into the selected category). If not checked the checkbox, it would show all results, the images into and not into the selected category) . See the image bellow a mock-up:
    [attachment=0:1tlgba09]hidealreadycategory.JPG[/attachment:1tlgba09]

Very needed option! ;0)

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

@lucato wrote:

Symbiostock batch editor improvements (SEARCH)
    Now a days when performing a search there is no way to know in the results what are the images that we have already in a certain category, so users expend a lot of time selecting “repeated” images and adding over to the same category that it is already into.

I’d like to suggest the following:
    1. In the batch editor, If I’m going to add images into the “Business” category, I would select on the right dropdown list (categories) the category “Bussiness” where it will show all images within this category. Ok, until here it is already possible;
    2. After that we would have a check box “[X] hide results already in the selected category”. So, let’s suppose I type in the search box the word “people” and perform the search. By having this checkbox checked, it would show only the people image that is NOT into the selected category “Business” instead of showing all (into and not into the selected category). If not checked the checkbox, it would show all results, the images into and not into the selected category) . See the image bellow a mock-up:
    [attachment=0:2fo31e0b]hidealreadycategory.JPG[/attachment:2fo31e0b]

Very needed option! ;0)

this is up to the site owner — categories and keywords result in very different searches — if you want users to search in a category, add imkages to that category

‘not’ searches are an advanced topicvs that may be added later, but for mist users are not a concern, especially asince they require a more advanced (and confusing) syntax

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.