Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

Has anyone else submitted their image sitemap to tineye? Now that Google Image search is so good, I’m not sure how many people are using Tineye to find things but… I figure it is best to try to have my images indexed there as well (better for me if someone finds my site and buys direct, eh?)

http://tineye.com

You have to submit your image sitemap in valid XML format, so you may only be able to do this with Leo’s sitemap plugin or the Premium plugin.

Diana

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

What’s the benefit of having your images listed there?

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

I just looked into it. First stumbling block is this in the XML requirements…

“An image URL, for us to download an unwatermarked version of the image. The image should be no less than 300 pixels on a side, and should not be more than 1600”

Our thumbs are too small and the images are watermarked. I think doing it all manually it’s not worth the trouble.

Jo

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

Well I submitted the same image map generated by the premium app and we’ll see what happens. I suspect we could possibly use the promo images feature to and using the original image sitemap plus find and replace would be a quick way to alter the URL. They do allow for a username/password for crawling.

The benefit is it is one of the tools that are used by designers when they downloaded a comp and can’t remember where they got it. When I did web design it was in early beta and I used it quite a few times when clients provided comps they liked but didn’t remember where they found them (google images probably.) They, of course, didn’t understand image licensing, copyright or print quality so they thought the 72dpi 200x300px comp was going to be sufficient for a full page ad and okay to do.

I mainly use tineye to locate images in use or being stolen at this point, since I no longer design. I’ve found quite a few shutterstock resellers this way… I’d much prefer for my site to come up as a source when/if a designer is searching for it…I will make a lot more money selling to the designer directly versus them buying through SS.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.