Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

http://www.symbiostock.org/collective/

We are hosting the Microstock Collective, which aims to to be an informational portal for all things Microstock. Opinions, agency ratings, sales, and so on.

Rate Agencies, Give Opinions

As you can see, we rate all agencies according to 4 big categories, each of which have related criteria. These are averaged out to a total rating, and compared against other agencies. At the start we’ve attempted to balance vote counts with ratings and have a basic algorithm in to keep things reasonable (ie, 1 agency with 1 enthusiastic voter giving all 10’s doesn’t quickly surpass a more voted agency with 20 established voters and ratings).

The “initiatives” can cover anything from basic opinions, to organizing boycott lists (complete with images / links to portfolios).

Right now we are at a very basic level alpha testing. Please go in and rate agencies, set opinions, and browse. Have fun!

As we get more people involved, we will be making needed adjustments as people discover bugs or imbalances. This is a rating machine! Balance and accuracy is a must!

Sales Tracking for Symbiostock (and other self-hosted soon)

[attachment=0:2enc4fft]symbiostock.zip[/attachment:2enc4fft]

At this time if you are using the latest version of Symbiostock (attached, testing) you can set up your account on the Microstock Collective to track your sales. They will be presented to you in some detail, but publically they are generalized among contributors (no personal details shown). The system is set up to allow other systems (be it agencies or other self-hosted) to track sales as well. The present sales you see are only a few of us reporting presently. ( http://www.symbiostock.org/collective/symbiostock-sales/ ) The more people who report sales, the better we can know how profitable Symbiostock (and other involved self-hosted / agencies) are. Right now the focus is on self hosted, starting with Symbio.

Expect things to evolve. Most of all have fun!

Profile photo of Chromaco
    Chromaco
    Participant

Hey everyone, Leo got into programmer talk and might have made this sound way more complicated than it actually is.
    Actually I think it is really cool and you should check it out and play around a bit.

What it does-
    It allows contributors to vote on the agencies on about 20 different categories and then ranks those agencies on those categories.
    There are also ideas and news items which can be voted on as well.

The nice part about this project is that it eliminates the lobbying and arguing and just allows contributors to show their opinions without actually having to comment and without any forum backlash. You do need to be logged in to vote because that is the only way the system can record the data but everything is anonymous so you don’t have to worry about sharing.

Please remember to go into your profile and add your total image count to the running total. (This number is total images on at least one agency- not just symbio) You can find that field at the bottom of your profile settings. (or by using the link at the top of the page that says “Stock Images/Files”)
    Total image count is a pretty important because it shows just how strong this contributorship is.

The overall goal– Create a better consensus as to what the entire contributor base is thinking without the negativity and arguing that seems to be associated with the forums right now. New “voting initiatives” and “news items” will be appearing daily and should reflect what is currently going on in the industry. Eventually members will be able to create their own voting initiatives but that functionality is not in place yet.

The collective is open to all contributors, not just symbio site owners. So feel free to participate regardless of your symbiosite ownership status.
    Just register and fill out your image total numbers and have fun.

We would love to hear your feedback about functionality and user friendliness. We are still adjusting and refining the interface so please be patient with us while we iron out some of the aesthetic details and other issues.

This is here for all of us microstock contributors and goes along with the Symbiostock theme of “Helping Contributors Help Themselves”
    Please take a look, play around for a bit and then let us know what you think.
    http://www.symbiostock.org/collective/

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Hi Leo

I went to my admin page but didn’t see a new update for the theme. Is the zip file sufficiently robust to put on a live site?

Steve

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@steveh wrote:

Hi Leo

I went to my admin page but didn’t see a new update for the theme. Is the zip file sufficiently robust to put on a live site?

Steve

Yes it is. Its the same as present symbio except a minor set of functions added. They only work in admin and when a sale is done.

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Thanks Leo

All I need now is a sale to trigger my dashboard update!

Steve

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.