Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

@jorodrigues wrote:

Some of the last posts never made the transition to this new board….

There are masses of missing posts – all of December and some part of November – at least in the Technical Support and Development forums

That means tons of answers lost as well as the questions.

Any way we can get those back or are they just gone?

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

To answer a few questions:

The converter may have missed a few posts. I might be able to get them back, in the meantime, we’ll just keep moving forward. There will be quite a few reasons to use the board in the near future anyway.

The boards can now be seen by logged out people.

Spam control is LOCKED DOWN.

1 – Several spam system will block them immediately on arriving on site due to 8 or so filters set up. (Its amazing)
    2 – If they pass that, they have to get through captcha.
    3 – If they pass that, they enter into “New User Status”, with limited posting.
    4 – Even with all considered, they can still be blocked if obvious spammers, and that submits their IP to spam recognition databases.

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

@leo wrote:

To answer a few questions:

The converter may have missed a few posts. I might be able to get them back, in the meantime, we’ll just keep moving forward. There will be quite a few reasons to use the board in the near future anyway.

The boards can now be seen by logged out people.

Spam control is LOCKED DOWN.

1 – Several spam system will block them immediately on arriving on site due to 8 or so filters set up. (Its amazing)
    2 – If they pass that, they have to get through captcha.
    3 – If they pass that, they enter into “New User Status”, with limited posting.
    4 – Even with all considered, they can still be blocked if obvious spammers, and that submits their IP to spam recognition databases.

Ok, seems like lockdown is in effect! I was thinking about offering to moderate but this board is so foreign to me now. I’d imagine now with these measures in place there is little need for more moderators.

Jo

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.