Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

This forum ROCKS. Please take some time and check out the features…its a premium deal.

Also I have quite a few spam filters going. I’d be surprised if many spammers could fall through the cracks now!

It turns out there’s quite a bit that can be done on this forum – custom user labels, ranks, etc.

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

Congratulations Leo!
    Nice look and I wish it keeps spammers away.
    Thanks for your hard work.

Just a suggestion and I know you’re still setting, and also not sure if phpBB provides such feature in this version, but it would be cool to have the message icon when posting a new thread and if you can set, it would be cool to have the icons:

“Icon” | Icon name | (Description):

– “Green check mark” | Solved | (After having a thread solved you get to edit the “message icon”);
    – “Question mark” | Help/Doubt | (When having doubts and needing help);
    – “Thumbs-up” | Answered | (For messages answered, but not solved);
    – “Insect/bug ” | Bug | (Reporting bugs);
    – “Lamp” | Idea | (For posting suggestions);
    – ” SS logo/letters SS” | Implemented | (Changing status for ideas/suggestions implemented);
    – and etc.

Well, something like that, just a suggestion. ;0)

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I’m sure it must be available — let me give it a quick look.

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

@leo wrote:

I’m sure it must be available — let me give it a quick look.

Ok, thanks. Take your time, but don’t forget it. ;0)

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

There are several spam users who registered a few hours back. I can see them but I either can’t ban them or I don’t know how to with the new forum

They haven’t posted yet, but it’s only a matter of time before they do. If there is a setting that lets moderators ban users that you need to enable Leo, can we try to get that working now in case there are more spammers?

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

@jsnover wrote:

There are several spam users who registered a few hours back. I can see them but I either can’t ban them or I don’t know how to with the new forum

They haven’t posted yet, but it’s only a matter of time before they do. If there is a setting that lets moderators ban users that you need to enable Leo, can we try to get that working now in case there are more spammers?

Good morning Jo Ann. What about a captcha every submit message? Should it avoid some automatic spam post after getting to register? Not sure if such automatic post exists, but just a comment. ;0)

A little annoying have to use the captcha every single post, but if it is a solution to block spammers we have to get used to. ;0)

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@jsnover wrote:

I’m still getting used to things, but it appears you have the ability to moderate posts – I am still looking into how user management is delegated. It appears the next level up is “administrator” but then your talking full control of the site. Still checking…

I REALLY have to get back to developing … this forum cutsie stuff is not productive!

Profile photo of Ezeepics
    Ezeepics
    Participant

Good job Leo! This new Forum is great! I’m searching inside to find the posts because all the old notifications in my email send me to an inexistant page, but is just a matter of time to find them. I really like this Forum and hope that spammers will not post here anymore. I have to solve this problem on my sites too, I have about ten spam registrations each day….

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

Jo Ann – it is still possible to ban users (for a time for bad behaviour or permanently) , I have started on them. Skype me if you cannot find it

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of ajt
    ajt
    Participant

I see now banning tab and more options in moderator panel 🙂

One thing: Forum “Site Modification and Critique” has only two mods assigned.

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

The new forum looks great 🙂
    But not all threads were transfered to the new forum, right?
    I can’t find the “Merry Christmas” thread here in “General” and I don’t see the thread concerning version 3.0 in “Development”.

Edit: And my avatar is gone.

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

Still a bit confused with trying to find new posts and such but it’s looking good.

Some of the last posts never made the transition to this new board.

Jo

JoAnnSnover
    Participant

@lucato wrote:

@jsnover wrote:

Good morning Jo Ann. What about a captcha every submit message? Should it avoid some automatic spam post after getting to register? Not sure if such automatic post exists, but just a comment. ;0)

A little annoying have to use the captcha every single post, but if it is a solution to block spammers we have to get used to. ;0)

I really, really dislike that approach. It’s a massive pain in the butt and the real problem is controlling registrations and possibly the first 5-10 posts. No reason to burden everyone with captchas forever to deal with that.

A captcha on registration would be fine as that’s a one-time thing

JoAnnSnover
    Participant

@christine wrote:

Jo Ann – it is still possible to ban users (for a time for bad behaviour or permanently) , I have started on them. Skype me if you cannot find it

Thanks but there’s a new tab since last night – I guess Leo turned on a few more things for moderators.

What I can’t see is the status of users in the list of members – to check if suspicious looking names are banned or not. And in the banning interface, I have to cut and paste names – no checkboxes on the list to do a whole lot quickly.

I see the names you banned, but comparing ueuwtmlkgv with vcfjdtbvsg visually isn’t easy 🙂

Let’s hope that spam registrations don’t happen, and then it won’t matter that mass bannings are harder to do here 🙂

JoAnnSnover
    Participant

If you’re not logged in you see a message saying something like “There are no boards on this forum” and some info about active users.

Is it intentional that if you’re not logged in you can’t even read the forums?

If I try to use a link to a forum post here to view it when I’m not logged in I get a message that I can’t without registering.

I think it’s important to be able to direct potential site owners to information here – from MSG, for example – without them having to register to read it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.