Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ezeepics
    Ezeepics
    Participant

I arrived at a compromise between Beta version and SysExtra. Not working with Clean Theme but with Symbiostock child theme works fine. I prepared the site, I uploaded two images for test and I am pleased for the moment. Looks like this: http://stockphotos.ezeepics.com/ This evening I will start to upload other photos. This will be my Symbio site for all other subjects except food which is on http://food.ezeepics.com instead on http://www.ezeepics.com I will let only the RM photos.

Profile photo of Matt
    Matt
    Participant

Just tried the latest version.

Seems to be a conflict with the header image function with the header link in the ‘Settings’ panel.

My header banner is scaled, image is full width?

http://www.travelwitness.net

Still have grads on the search results.

Apart from a few minor bugs is looking very much polished now, good work 🙂

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

Your site looks great Matt. What slider are you using there? Looks like it has a few more features than the one I’m using.

Profile photo of Russell
    Russell
    Participant

I’m off grid at the moment due to a house move and a few other things but will be up and at ’em next week.

And I’ll have fibre-optic BB rather than the grindathon ADSL BB that I’ve had until now.

So I’ll be able to give it all a good workout.

Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

If I update to Update to 2.7.2. will I lose the chronological order on the image page again, LEO?

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@Semmick Photo wrote:

If I update to Update to 2.7.2. will I lose the chronological order on the image page again, LEO?

Can you clarify this question? Chronological order where?

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Remember that little piece of code I gave you to make sure my images are displayed latest uploaded first?

http://semmickphoto.com/image/

If I upgrade to 2.7.2 will I lose that sort order to random again?

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Fixing Symbiostock can at times be like navigating the Bermuda triangle … or being stuck in a Twilight Zone episode. I’d say your safe….but there’s only one way to find out :/

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Actually I’m pretty sure your still safe 😀

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Ok, I was trying to avoid finding out the hard way. But I guess there is no other option then. I will let you know.

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Yeah, no problem. All good. Cheers

Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

Gosh, with so many options now I think I am over doing it on colors and images. Anyway it is lots of fun.

1. I did notice that on my Author page it says Contact Leo in the title but links to my contact information.

2. On the same page there is a seletion for Gallary Page, but the link gives a Oops message. Do we need to create a page for this?

Still having fun!

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Here’s a fairly substantial update. THREE new BIG things added — 2.7.4

[list=*]
    [*]Keyword view counter added. It logs to your daily keywords files (symbiostock_keyword_info.xml, symbiostock_keyword_info.csv) for hub search engines like AJT’s and Cascoly’s[/*]
    [*]Search log added – symbiostock_search_log.csv[/*]
    [*]Symbiostock standard plugins suggester/installer/activator added. This is really cool :D[/*]
    [/list]

For AJT and Cascoly – a note on the search log and keyword files.

In both the symbiostock_keyword_info.xml and symbiostock_keyword_info.csv have a new field added “Views” which record the viewcounts. Its very general – so even people browsing their own sites get counted.

Search log is a CSV file. Each line has 5 values:

1. Keyword[/*:1zkl66a6]
    2. Local (1) or Remote (2) search.[/*:1zkl66a6]
    3. Referring (human search only). 0 if None, Site (string) if a referral.[/*:1zkl66a6]
    4. Requester’s IP address (You can use this to get locations and bots as well)[/*:1zkl66a6]
    5. Date and Time of Request[/*:1zkl66a6]

This file is deleted on the 1st of every month, or when it exceeds 5000 lines.

Note: for this feature to work the attached/included plugin Symbiostock Category Meta must be installed.

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

Is there a way to move the download button up on the image pages? Right now you have to scroll through image categories, keywords, etc. to get there. I’d like to get the order to: image, download button, similar images, categories, keywords (not sure why my name and an info button are there). Thanks!

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Yes, but I cant remember where its done. I am looking for the section where we can edit the pages. I forgot.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 117 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.