Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

As we’re now getting a lot of Symzio registrations, I will outline some of the reasons your registration may be delayed or rejected.

First of all, make sure you familiarize yourself with the kind of content and the rules and regulations that we are currently implementing that surround your participation in Symzio – this isn’t just legal jargon – if you breach these terms, your account may be closed:

http://www.symzio.com/terms

Aside from that, here are some things to check for before applying:

1) Make sure your site is live and ready to go. We do not include ‘under construction’ sites nor sites that do not appear to have longevity or polish.

2) Make sure you have a respectable number of images up. We need to see samples of your work. This is one of the main reasons for the existence of Symzio – to maintain a modicum of quality control.

3) Make sure your business pertains to the commercial sales of media. Submitting your site just to get backlinks while it is a lazer tag facility will not get it approved. Further – you won’t get backlinks! This is a media sales channel.

Submitting your site before it is ready will put it in a delayed queue. This means it will then be checked again at a later date. If, however, you submit your site and it is ready to go, satisfying our terms and what has been outlined above, you are likely to get approved much faster.

Again, there is no cost to joining Symzio, but it is our responsibility to make sure that every participating member is contributing quality media to the entire network so that all current members benefit from your addition.

Profile photo of DonQuicky
    DonQuicky
    Participant

About 4/5 weeks ago I did apply to the Symzio network as a Symbiostock Pro user for several years now, but I still did not receive any response to my apply.

When applying again I do get notice that our e-mailadres already exist in the Symzio database. I can’t find any place on the Symzio site to recover a password to regain access to the Symzio network.

In the meantime in our WP installation the notice that a valid Symzio account is still missing is remains visible.

Symzio has not yet successfully established a connection to your Symbiostock site. Make sure you have created a free Symzio contributor account and added your sync code to your settings!

How to get real accepted in you Symzio network and receive a key to synchronise our Symbio site to Symzio? It concerns domain dutchreflex.nl.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

It seems like you’re still using the old Symbiostock theme by Leo. That won’t work with Symzio. You need to migrate to the new Symbiostock plugin if you want to participate in the Symzio network.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/symbiostock/

DonQuicky
    Participant

I did migrate to the new Symbiostock 2.0.7 for some time ago and also imported all images into new plugin.

Symbiostock allows artists, illustrators and photographers to sell their photographs and stock images online quickly and easily.
    Version 2.0.7 | By Robin Murarka | View details

It seems all fine except for Symzio. When applying to the Symzio network I did expect to receive a key (code) for connecting my Symbiostock to Symzio, but I never received feedback on applying.

I just placed the Symzio widget on the homepage to show the plugin is installed correctly. What do I miss? When downloading and installing the 2.0.7 version of the plugin I do get a notice of missing style.css stylesheet and stating the installation was failed.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Hmm, I can see the Symzio widget working on your site http://www.dutchreflex.nl . However your footer still mentions “Stock image and networking platform SYMBIOSTOCK, by the maker of ClipArtIllustration.com “.

Also, when I click on one of your images (http://www.dutchreflex.nl/image/stock-image-by-pics-xl-110/) it takes me to the old Symbiostock theme product page.

Have you maybe installed the new plugin on the old theme? Can’t do that.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Don – you need to disable the old plugin to use the new one. The interface I am seeing on your site is, as Redneck said, legacy Symbiostock. WooCommerce looks and operates differently.

DonQuicky
    Participant

It was the SYMBIOSTOCK e-mail and notifier plugin which was interfering in the process. Had to switch to another theme to deactivate this plugin and deactivate mail plugin.

Now, when reinstalling the latest Symbiostock plugin (2.0.7) I receive an error on installation which is causing the theme not to be installed.

Unpacking the package…
    Installing the theme…
    The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.
    Theme install failed.

Is there a way to manual install the theme shipped with the plugin or fix the error I mention above?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Don,

The new Symbiostock is not a theme – it is a plugin, so you must install it as one. It differentiates itself from legacy in that you can use any theme you want with it and are no longer restricted to one design.

DonQuicky
    Participant

Hi Robin,

Clear, I seem to be mislead by last screenshot of the plugin in WordPress plugin section indicating a front-end. This and the error “missing style.css stylesheet” on reinstalling the plugin made me think of a theme included in the plugin.

Thanks for your explanation !

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

The theme used in the demo is Symbiostock Express:

http://www.symbiostock.org/shop/

You can also get the importer/exporter through that same link.

Profile photo of Aitor
    Aitor
    Participant

Hello! I didn’t get the confirmation email and don’t see how to ask for a new send, can you please do it? my website it’s aitorserra.es

Thank you!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Symzio: Getting Approved (legacy Symzio)’ is closed to new replies.