Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Videoopp
    Videoopp
    Participant

Hi,

I purchased the Symbiostock Video Plugin and am using the Symbiostock Express theme.

After installing the Symbiostock Video Plugin, I didn’t see any change to my admin panel.  It says the plugin is active, but I got no interface for the plugin.  Is that normal?  I tried uploading a mp4 video through ftp and it reports back that it failed.  Still images are getting processed fine.  I checked with my service provider and he says that my server is set up to process shell commands from within PHP but wonders if there is anything more specific…  I looked for more documentation in the video plugin, but couldn’t find.

Any ideas?

worldviewstock.com

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Videoopp,

We haven’t yet had a chance to update all the documentation on our new plugins, but I’ll try to answer your questions as best as possible.

Did you activate the video plugin?

Once activated, you won’t notice a large number of changes except for some additional options in certain places with regards to video functionality. The main big change is when you upload a video, the video gets parsed. There are no additional things you need to do other than upload videos just as you would images.

If you are still having issues, just PM me your login info and I’ll take a look to see what may be wrong.

Videoopp
    Participant

Thanks for your quick response.

I have only worked with your system for a few hours now but I am seeing that you have given a lot of thought and time into the features of the primary plugin.  I have worked with about 10 other stock media solutions out there over the last 15 years and I can tell you have given this a lot of thought.  I appreciate all of your efforts in getting a usable Stock Media option set up with Word Press.  I am able to work with WP a lot easier than some of the other script options available out there.

My test video clip must have had a problem as video uploads are working fine now.

One question …

As I go to add licensing options for video, it seems to only allow one license per upload. Ideally what I would like to do is host a high quality mp4 version on my server for instant download at a discount price, and then in the product licensing options offer a couple of more robust file formats such as avi and prores 422 mov, at a higher price but delivered manually with a download link sent within 24 hours.

Would it be possible to allow more than one license for one video clip?

worldviewstock.com

Videoopp
    Participant

Is there a way to get video previews to play from the thumbnail preview pages, prior to landing on the actual product page?

worldviewstock.com

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Thanks for the comments on the plugin – it’s always good to know another user appreciates the ease of use we’ve worked into it to make it as seamless as possible.

You can have any number of licenses attached to any product or media type – just create more licenses in the Symbiostock > Licenses page, and under filters make sure the video option is checked.

If you want to manually provide special download links for those, just click ‘physical product’ under that license’s options and Symbiostock and WooCommerce will treat that purchase as a non-digital one, so you will have to manually fulfill it.

As for getting the previews to play from the thumbnail pages, due to the different ways in which themes operate, we tried to keep the front end as simple as possible. This is something we’d look into adding in the future, but for now is not something we will be focusing on. It can be custom coded, however, if you are comfortable with it.

Videoopp
    Participant

Ahhh yes,  Missed the tic box for video.  Working now.

I am getting a PHP warning on the video product pages…

<b>Warning</b>: implode(): Invalid arguments passed in <b>/home/wvs5803/public_html/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock/tools-search.php</b> on line <b>47</b>

worldviewstock.com

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Likely that’s because you have no tags associated to the media. Don’t worry about warnings and notices – unless it affects performance it is a side effect of the way we code. You should generally have error reporting disabled on live sites regardless.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.