Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jacob F
    Jacob F
    Participant

Hi guys,

Is there any Symbiostock Vendors out there I can chat to? I am very interested in this plugin but want to make sure it actually functions well and commission payouts are relatively easy. I’d love to see a demo of it but looks like there isnt one available.

This forum has been very quiet for quite some time now so I would also love to hear how people have been going with support and updates.

I have the potential to have a site with well over 50 contributors with many gigabytes of content so I also want to know if it can handle this much data + people contributing.

Cheers!

Profile photo of Jacob F
    Jacob F
    Participant

wow! no response at all? I cant even talk to Robin via dm either! How can I possibly invest hundreds of dollars into an application that basically has no support? It’s a real shame, this product looks amazing but without support from the creator, it basically takes out all the confidence a buyer would have.

If anyone has experience with the vendor plugin, please reach out to me as id love to chat and even pay for services. thanks.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Jacob,

There is a great deal of support provided to our users, however sometimes during the holiday seasons or in general, we may not be able to address all questions in the forums in a timely fashion if they are not directly support related. Please pose any questions you have and we will do our best to answer them.

Profile photo of Jacob F
    Jacob F
    Participant

Thanks for your reply Robin.

I’m really looking to see a demo of the vendor app or test it somehow. Is that possible?

I have 15 vendors ready to go but haven’t been able to find the right platform yet abd have been testing for a few weeks (symbio included). I’d honestly love to use symbio but want to make sure vendor app works!

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Jacob – the reason a demo of the vendor app is quite difficult is it requires FTP access to really see how it works. Namely, the control panel isn’t that different – when you enable it, you are then able to create a new user type called a “Symbiostock Contributor” and assign FTP credentials to this user. Once that is active, that’s pretty much all you need to do from the administrative side.

The individual users then upload media via their dedicated FTP account and when it is parsed by Symbiostock, it is assigned to them directly. They can also log into WordPress on your site to edit their media. We may add screenshots in the future so this is clearer.

Also note that when you couple this with WooCommerce Vendors (which is provided along with Symbiostock Vendors) you then get all the features of their vendor app integrated as well, such as keeping track of earnings on a per user basis, etc.

If you have any specific questions, just post them and I will do my best to answer them.

Profile photo of Jacob F
    Jacob F
    Participant

I think you just answered the main one which is ftp access assignment on upload by the user so that’s great.

When purchasing the plugin is all support done through the forum?

Profile photo of Jacob F
    Jacob F
    Participant

Oh one thing I just realised is that vendors can only upload via ftp, is that right? That’s strange, what if they only have one image they need to upload? Is it because of the restriction and security of the vendor account you haven’t enabled this?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Jacob – the web upload functionality simply has not been integrated into the vendor user accounts. This was also done for a security measure as we want to keep the vendor upload functionality restricted to FTP.

Most support is done via the forum but as Vendors is a large plugin, you can private message me if you require specific needs and we can see if we can tweak or add features as is necessary.

Also be aware that since WordPress does not have access to your hosting control panel, you have to manually create the associated FTP accounts yourself. Symbiostock will tell you exactly where to point the FTP account, but as control panels can vary from custom, to cPanel, to Plesk, we cannot yet automate the creation of FTP accounts.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

And actually, the best answer for the lack of a web upload for vendors is that it is unreliable – if you upload files larger than 500k to 1MB, WordPress can sometimes crash and prevent it from being completed. This introduces a lot of unwanted management and issues and so to reduce this we restrict it to FTP uploads only.

Profile photo of Jacob F
    Jacob F
    Participant

Hi robin

Ok that makes sense. It’s more of a vendor skill level and an ease of use thing more than anything.

I’ll be buying the vendor plugin after Xmas and firing it up!

Cheers mate

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.