Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Symbiostock 1.0 has now been released. You can install it directly through your WordPress install by going to Plugins > Add New and searching for Symbiostock, or you can download it directly through WordPress.com.

Thanks to all the supporters who helped to get this out there!

Profile photo of SLStudios
    SLStudios
    Participant

Tried to check it out but my host does not support Imagick. Looks like a great improvement to the old system. Any work around for users not able to use IMagick?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey there SLStudios,

Some others are hitting this roadblock as well:

http://www.symbiostock.org/forums/topic/imagick-php-extension-error/

Unfortunately, there is no viable workaround to this. Imagick is an integral part of Symbiostock and provides a far larger scope of features than the base GD would. I’m recommending everyone contact their web-host to install it or consider moving their media store to a host that does. This is also one of the reasons we created the PLUS hosting service in the case that some members were not able to set up Symbiostock on their current solution.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Profile photo of scenicoregon
    scenicoregon
    Participant

Hi Robin-

Y’all got a list of folks who are giving the new plugin a try, so we can get feedback on how it’s going before diving in, and help from others’ experiences when things don’t go perfectly?

Thanks

Rick (ScenicOregon)

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Rick – I assume people will start submitting their sites to the Artist Network and you can peruse their sites that way. As with the beta, it seems people are really focused on getting their sites in order right now.

Profile photo of LesPalenik
    LesPalenik
    Participant

Robin,

I thought, I wrote here a post about Imagick on various hosts and Symbiostock forum format, but can’t find it anymore. Was it deleted?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Les – I moved it into it’s own thread:

http://www.symbiostock.org/forums/topic/imagick-and-forum-layout/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.