Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Is there a marketing text for buyers somewhere? Or did this thread end up losing us a very valuable volunteer?

Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

@Semmick Photo wrote:

Is there a marketing text for buyers somewhere? Or did this thread end up losing us a very valuable volunteer?

The latter, I suspect.

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

@cathyslife stockphotos wrote:

🙂 You guys are funny!

I dot think its funny at all. Do you think its funny? I think its extremely sad.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Unless I’ve missed something, it appears this is what happened:

A person well meaning used their valuable time/resources to carry out an act of generosity that would benefit everyone. And now they’ve been hurt.

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

It was an extremely unfortunate turn of events.

Profile photo of Jan
    Jan
    Participant

Whatever has happened can’t this be setteled? I mean, we are grown ups!

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

This situation reminded me we need some forum guidelines / rules as is traditional with any forum.

I’ve written an extensive forum guidelines post here: http://www.symbiostock.org/topic/241/forum-rules/

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Ok, guys, here is my description, I built on what you already had created so far. Feel free to use. No copyright restrictions.

http://semmickphoto.com/symbiostock/

Symbiostock – What is Symbiostock?

Symbiostock is a powerful WordPress theme for illustrators and photographers to sell their images. Symbiostock, as its name implies, creates a symbiotic relationship among microstock professionals. Sites connect into a vast network of shared results, allowing customers to migrate around, study their options, and most importantly, connect with the talented artists who supply them.

Symbiostock – Open Source means for selling images direct

Symbiostock isn’t just some off the tangent idea, it’s 100% inspired. It’s the co-op without the management. Everyone is self supporting and independent, but shares with others, if they want to be associated. Everything is personal choice and volunteer. Oh and that one other thing? 100% royalty.

Buying directly from the artist

Our prices are competitive because there’s no middleman; you’re buying directly from the artist. Think of it as “fair trade” stock images. There are no subscriptions or credits to purchase, you pay only for the images you need.

Semmick Photo is part of Symbiostock, an exciting new idea—a collection of linked, independently owned websites run by the artists themselves. With one click of the search button, you’ll find not only images created by me, but also by other independent artists who’ve chosen to link to my site. Its all about thinking outside he box!

Symbiostock offers images for all your projects, blogs, ad campaigns, season greeting cards, etc. You want it, we have it. Looking for editorial images? Got it. Exclusivity? Check. Illustrations? Right here. We offer all you can imagine, and if you are looking for discounted series? Check out our collections, especially created for you with unbelievable discounts up to 85% (!).

Selling your work

Symbiostock is the easy-to-use, fair royalty network of photographers, vector artists and illustrators that offers you the chance to sell directly to buyers and receive 100% of the sale. It also offers you tremendous marketing power by allowing you to link your site to other artists, building on each other’s marketing efforts and increasing exposure to your work. Buyers can search multiple portfolios with just one click and pay with credit card, debit card and bank transfer using the PayPal payment processor that comes free with Symbiostock.

With Symbiostock, there are no levels to reach. No surprise price reductions. No approval process. No waiting period to sell images or get access to your earnings. You decide how much to charge. You decide which images to sell. You connect directly with buyers, building your own contact list and your own brand. You are in control because you create, customize and manage your own independent web store.

When you start to create your site, you’ll find we’ve done most of the work for you. Follow the step-by-step instructions and video tutorials at symbioguides.com to build your site. Then, visit the free forums at symbiostock.org to connect to buyers and other artists and build your marketing power.

The Symbiostock network gives you 100% royalties. Greater artistic freedom, more flexibility, and the chance to build alliances with fellow artists. All for just the cost of your own web hosting (a little more if you want to add specialized add-ons and plug-ins) and PayPal fees.

In a nutshell

Get on board with Symbiostock, keep 100% of your sales and share portfolios for a greater exposure and better buyer experience. Buy your images at fair prices and support the artists. Read my thoughts about it here including a short interview with the creator Leo Blanchette.

The Symbiostock network is the brainchild of illustrator artist Leo Blanchette, with contributions of the MicroStockGroup forums and ClipArtOf.

This text was written with contributions of Michele Paccione, Glenn Specht and Pete Klinger.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

Perfect!

Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

@cascoly wrote:

Perfect!

I think so too, and with just a few tiny tweaks, I’ve added it to my site already.

Profile photo of innerstock
    innerstock
    Participant

Excellent work! I am very grateful and thanks a lot.
    I will use it on my site.

Profile photo of Jan
    Jan
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll use it for sure.

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Team effort guys, thank you.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.