Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Walt Payne
    Walt Payne
    Participant

I added a Symbiostock Express gallery (still experimenting with site design) and it seems to work, except for the image links. All I can get it to do is pop up another copy of the thumbnail, and the URL is not editable. How do I get it to go to the product page for that image?

Walt Payne
    Participant
    Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

I’m no expert with Express (that’s Dawn’s area) but I think the gallery widget uses media files from within WordPress’s media list and does not integrate with WooCommerce.

Maybe we’ll see if we can merge the two in the future.

Walt Payne
    Participant

Robin,

Please do, the gallery is of minimal usefulness if the links do not go to the product pages.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Walt,

I’ve gone in and tweaked it – please upgrade your Express theme and see if it works for you now. It should link directly to the product pages.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

The reason there are some seemingly non-integrated components of Express is that some portions are built on other GPL frameworks. Accordingly, we have added our own portions and customized a lot of other ones, but because it is such a large and customizable theme there are always improvements to be made. This is a good one as it now directly integrates the gallery widget to Symbiostock products.

Walt Payne
    Participant

Robin,

I just get a quick “Loading” and then “The image could not be loaded”

Walt Payne
    Participant

George,

Thanks. I am still working on getting images up and making the site “prettier”, but also doing SEO and promotion.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Walt,

Try using one of the other carousel options with the gallery for now. We’ll work on making it more compatible with some of the other more complex ones. Thanks for bringing this up.

Walt Payne
    Participant

I replied via email, but just in case anyone else cares about this issue, I tested all of the other gallery options and the only ones not working are the “Carousel” and “Gallery Carousel” options. All others now link to the product pages, which is great!

Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.