Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

This will upgrade Symbiostock to be compatible with PHP 7.4, WooCommerce 4.9.2, and include some bug fixes and minor feature additions. Symbiostock Express will be going through a big backend update as well, so there may be some slight customizations you will have to tweak once it is upgraded.

Changelog:

– Cleaned up various warnings and syntax upgrades
    – Added option to remove site title from thumbnails upon product creation
    – Added additional text conversion abilities, including ability to replace ‘License’
    – Compatibility with PHP 7.4
    – Compatibility with WooCommerce 4.9.2
    – Fixed non-completion of orders issue with mixed carts of Symbiostock and other virtual/downloadable items

– Symbiostock Express significant upgrade
    – Symbiostock Express addition of more strings to customize, including ‘License’
    – Symbiostock Express radio buttons significant cosmetic upgrade

– Symbiostock Anytype: Improved compatibility with WooCommerce, removed product not available warning on products without Anytype file

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

6.0.0 is now being released. Symbiostock Express introduces a slight visual change to the license choices, other than that the upgrade should be relatively seamless.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

All plugins have been tested to be functional without issue with this current upgrade. If you notice any new bugs or issues, please let us know.

Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant

– Added additional text conversion abilities, including ability to replace ‘License’
    This doesn’t appear to be working on my site.
    In the Sybiostock String section I have: “License”>”Product”,”Type”>”Type”,”Price”>”Price”,”Choose your”>”Choose your”,”Licensing information”>”Product information”
    Is this correct?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Richard – the string replacements work in an exact sense at times – so even if you change “License” if you have a string on your site that says “Select License”, it may not change the License bit and you may have to change the entire string: “Select License” > “Pick a Product”

This redundancy is to prevent any unwanted string replacements from happening. Please let me know if this rectifies your issue.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Thank you very much Chris – your reports after each update are greatly appreciated. 🙂

Profile photo of Valentin Tabirca
    Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

Hi,
    “Added option to remove site title from thumbnails upon product creation”
    Where is that?
    And another thing: shouldn’t woocommerce ask for an update after symbiostock update?

Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

Hi Chris,
    No, I don’t see it! I emptied cache, changed browser, nothing.
    Any idea?

Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

Lite is 6.0.0.
    Pro is 5.1.0 and is not showing any update notice.

Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

Will I lose settings?

Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

Never mind. I updated to 6.0.0 and Woocommerce still doesn’t prompt for update. Something is wrong on my end.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Valentin – if you have Symbiostock all working and installed to the newest versions, just uninstall WooCommerce. Symbiostock will then prompt you to re-install the right version. You should lose no data in doing this.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

I suggest you make a backup irrespective before you do this just in case.

Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

Hi,
    Done. Thanks!
    Now, “Added option to remove site title from thumbnails upon product creation” – will that option not put site title in ALT, description, etc of an image? Is my understanding correct?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Yes, that is correct. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.