Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Mike:

1) This has been done by a number of users. I’m not sure how it works as I do not use S3 in this capacity, but hopefully someone else will be able to pipe in. This may be a good jump off point:

https://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/tips-tricks/how-to-use-amazon-s3-and-cloudfront-with-wordpress

2) This is being finalized in the soon to be released Symbiostock Vendors plugin – it will allow Symbiostock to operate through the built in WordPress user system and allow media to be uploaded by contributors through your own site along with individual upload folders and FTP accounts, etc. The plugin is not yet released.

Profile photo of Michel
    Michel
    Participant

@robin

Great to hear that there is an solution and you haven’t heard negative experiences. I was aware of a dropbox/Amazon S3 solution as you mentioned above, but I wasn’t sure if your processor and media handle together with WooCommerce allows to link a URL to an external folder. I will try to setup an account with either Amazon S3 or other another service.

Thank you for releasing your plans about upcoming plugin versions. If I may request at that point: any professional image or video artist tries to avoid ftp and prefers direct upload from Adobe Lightroom or other tools. If  by any chance you can include such a function, it’d be a real plus. At least provide some documentation for “photographers” how to upload images / movies easily. Even another plugin that uses a shared dropbox folder that is watched by the processor per user could be such a solution.

Looking forward to the vendors plugin.

Best,

M.

Profile photo of Michel
    Michel
    Participant

Dear Robin,

I established a AMAZON S3 solution and it works just smooth with uploaded media. Even more, ftp uploads are process and the media with watermark are immediately pushed to S3 as well. Unfortunately the original file stays in the /media folder.

Does this make sense to you and is there a hidden option to ask your process to store the file in the remote file storage as well?

Michel

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Michel – as the AMAZON S3 solution you have probably uses a plugin that integrates it, the plugin will only push the WP media it knows about to S3. The Symbiostock media is not related to this.

However you can move the Symbiostock media folder manually then update this location via the Symbiostock settings. If this pushes it to S3 then this might work for you. I suggest you test it on a fresh install to see if it will work.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.