Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Chromaco
    Chromaco
    Participant

Stock Image: Image Name

This is being added automatically on my images. Is there a way to stop this text from showing up before the image name or modify what it says?
    I’m sure its there I just can’t find it.
    Thanks

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Can you link to an example? Is it a file name or a link name…a title name? Given that info I can address it quickly.

Chromaco
    Participant

Its showing up in front of all my image titles on the image pages and in front of all of the large image names in the media library.

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

I looked at this page and I don’t see “Stock Image:” anywhere

http://www.teamclipart.com/image/sun-cartoon-with-a-big-smile-vector-clipart-image

Do you see it on that page?

Chromaco
    Participant

I’ve built a seo test site on a new domain. Im interested in how my images with the same info as the micros are fairing. It’s happening on all of the images on this site. It’s not a real big deal because at some point I will change the titles. But I would really like it to use a different term or none at all in the meantime.

FWIW. It seems like changing and optimizing your image info really pays off. So far there is a huge difference between the site which gets the love and the one that is upload and forget.

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

Aah. And you’re not putting that text into the Author Options panel of the Symbiostock admin interface (bee)? It’s labeled “Append Text to Title:” – I don’t use it and append says at the end to me, but it might be worth checking.

The only other time I’ve seen that text is if there’s nothing in the IPTC when I upload (I have a few images where one filed got left blank by accident).

The default text for title and caption is “Stock image by xxx” where your name is inserted for xxx. You can look in symbiostock_image_processor.php to see the code that sets that. However, when your IPTC is read you would never see the default.

If it’s just a test site, perhaps edit the file (it’s in themes/symbiostock/inc/classes/image-processor) and put what you want in there

Chromaco
    Participant

Ok I’ve ironed this out- “Stock Image:” is being added to the image name during processing. It doesn’t show up as visual on the site itself but it is changing the meta. It is happening on my original site too. I bet is happening on everyone’s sites. If you check the media library and look for your uploaded images you will probably see the name with the addition. The problem is that Yoast doesn’t really like this. It’s particularly troublesome for us illustrators who would prefer to use a different term like “Vector Image” or “Clipart Image”.
    In my case I would like my image name just to be the one I designated in the IPTC.
    If for some reason your sites aren’t doing this perhaps you could tell me how you stopped it?
    Thanks

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

check that your exif data actually has a title — the feature to append text to image titles works fine, and I’ve changed the text several times

your problem occurs when symbio doesn’t find a ‘title’ — there are multiple ways to define a title. what software do you use? there’s a similar problem where sym reads several different fields to make the desc, resulting in duplication

some of my older images show uo with the ‘stock image’ problem — if you try to edit them, you’ll see there’s no title – and if you check in a exif editor like gui exiftool, youll see a blank for one of the titles

yoast uses the title you give in metadata and doesn’t add to the front unless you specifically set it up to do so.

LEO: can you tell us which fields from meta sym uses to create the title & description or which function does the job?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.