Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

I know this has probably nothing to do with Symbiostock but with WordPress. I’m getting from 5 to 20 new user registrations a day which I’m sure are not real humans. I wouldn’t even know why a user wanted to register if he doesn’t want to buy an image. There isn’t really anything good or bad the user could do after registration. But it’s still annoying and of course I’d like to close any potential security gaps.

My General setting is “Anyone can register” which I thought is a necessity if you have a store.

I’m also using “SI Captcha” and it works for registrations (I’ve tested it). I have no idea how or why they still pass through.

Anything else I can do? Any better spam protection plugin that is known for not interfering with Symbiostock or WooCommerce?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

None of the captchas I’ve used are bug free. However, I suggest you use one that uses Google’s Re-captcha service. We have that enabled on the PLUS servers and we don’t get any spam that gets through.

I can’t remember right now, but I’m pretty sure I did some extensive testing and found this one to be the most effective:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-recaptcha-integration/

Again, not entirely bug free.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Thanks, much appreciated.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.