Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jack
    Jack
    Participant

I’m testing a local install and the Paypal sandbox mode. The test payment goes well and after I return to the site I see the page that says that the order was succesfull, but I don’t receive confirmation emails. Not for me as the admin of the site, and not as the buyer who should receive an email with downloadlinks.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Jack,

You’re welcome to submit a support request here:

http://www.symbiostock.org/support-request/

This whole portion of the Symbiostock engine is managed by WooCommerce, so if there is a bug, it is a WooCommerce bug. My best suggestion would be to try doing a purchase without using sandbox mode to see if the same issue occurs. I have experienced issues sometimes where sandbox mode does not send IPNs correctly.

Profile photo of Jack
    Jack
    Participant

Yes, I was thinking about the sandbox not functioning fully as a possible cause, so I will do a live test payment later.

Profile photo of antony
    antony
    Participant

I also ran into this problem about a year ago if I remember rightly, after some research I discovered that sure enough Paypal sandbox doesn’t actually send out emails after a test but you can find confirmation within the developer site.

The info found here on creating a new sandbox test account on the Paypal developer site states

“The email address doesn’t need to be a real email address; the Sandbox doesn’t send any email outside of the Sandbox environment. Email to Sandbox accounts, generated as a result of your test API requests, are listed on both the Notifications tab on the Developer site, as well as on the Sandbox test site

Hope this helps

NomadicImagery

NomadicImagery

Stock photo | unique travel | documentary | culture | festivals

Profile photo of Jack
    Jack
    Participant

Hi NomadicImagery,

Thanks very much. That explains it. On the notifications page I can see that everything went well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.