Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Hi guys, next question. LOL

How do I line out the logos in my footer?

I have this now but it doesnt look perfect http://semmickphoto.com/

< ?php
    /**
    * The template for displaying the footer.
    * Contains the closing of the id=main div and all content after
    * @package symbiostock
    * @since symbiostock 1.0
    */
    ?>

< ?php if(is_active_sidebar( 'footer-1-3' )): ?>

< ?php dynamic_sidebar('footer-1-3'); ?>

< ?php endif; ?>

< ?php if(is_active_sidebar( 'footer-2-3' )): ?>

< ?php dynamic_sidebar('footer-2-3'); ?>

< ?php endif; ?>

< ?php if(is_active_sidebar( 'footer-3-3' )): ?>

< ?php dynamic_sidebar('footer-3-3'); ?>

< ?php endif; ?>

< ?php symbiostock_credit_links('footer'); ?>

< ?php get_template_part('modal-login'); ?>
    < ?php wp_footer(); ?>

Thanks

Profile photo of KLSbear
    KLSbear
    Participant

I’m not a code expert but I think you need some sort of code to align top, align center or align bottom and perhaps something to space them out too. Is that what you’re trying to do when you say to Line Out the logos?

I wish I could give you the actual code but perhaps if you describe more specifically which layout you’re looking for then one of the code pros can jump in and give you exactly what is needed.

I’ll be watching this answer because I suspect I’ll want it too when I update my page to the new version.

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

@klsbear wrote:

I’m not a code expert but I think you need some sort of code to align top, align center or align bottom and perhaps something to space them out too. Is that what you’re trying to do when you say to Line Out the logos?

I wish I could give you the actual code but perhaps if you describe more specifically which layout you’re looking for then one of the code pros can jump in and give you exactly what is needed.

I’ll be watching this answer because I suspect I’ll want it too when I update my page to the new version.

Thats it indeed. I do know about the align tags, but dont know where to place them and the exact code.

Thanks.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

You can put the logo paragraph into a span with your style parameters and close the span afterwards.

Like:

website security

PayPal Logo

You could try to include the Facebook and Twitter buttons as well but it looks like they’re calling their own css class which you could either define in your child theme or just delete the class part.

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Yeah, none of that is working, it seems the problem is only with the Facebook like button. The rest seems aligned. I cant do CSS, I know nothing of that. Thanks for the suggestions.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Do you use a child theme?

If so, just fill this code into the style.css:

/* Facebook Like Counter */
    .fb-like {
    vertical-align: bottom;
    }

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

I dont use child theme so I stuck it into the main theme CSS and it seems to have worked, but the facebook thing is just too big. I can live with it, but its not perfect enough to my liking. 🙂 I basically want all 4 logos lined out nicely, centred or whatever, but for now it will do. Thanks for the help ya’ll

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

I moved the facebook logo back to 3rd place as it originally was, and it looks better now. I guess thats as good as it will get. Thanks. Another detail fixed. 🙂

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Last try, substitute the red part with the blue part style=”vertical-align:bottom;” in this container

<div class=”fb-like” data-href=”https://www.facebook.com/SemmickPhoto” data-width=”100″ data-height=”100″ data-colorscheme=”light” data-layout=”box_count” data-action=”like” data-show-faces=”false” data-send=”false”>

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Never mind. My answer related to the footer section.

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

No worries, I tried it anyway and it prevents the FB button from showing in the footer. So I guess the FB CSS is eminent for the display of the button. But the way it is now, is fine. Thanks again.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.